Husky v Husky @Fenway: Springer v Barmes | The Boneyard

Husky v Husky @Fenway: Springer v Barmes

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
To anyone who saw the Sox game on Saturday...Ortiz crushed a triple to bring on the game-tying run. Crowd dry humping each other.And then up comes Hanley Ramirez with the winning run on 3rd and...he drops this stoopid bunt in front of the catcher for the 2-3 out. And the announcers didn't even question it.

So I ask...wtf was that?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
To anyone who saw the Sox game on Saturday...Ortiz crushed a triple to bring on the game-tying run. Crowd dry humping each other.And then up comes Hanley Ramirez with the winning run on 3rd and...he drops this stoopid bunt in front of the catcher for the 2-3 out. And the announcers didn't even question it.

So I ask...wtf was that?
All last year they kill Hanley for not caring. This year they kill him for trying to make a play. I want no part of the Fellowship of the Miserable.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
What was the play he was trying to make?

Reaction Score
All last year they kill Hanley for not caring. This year they kill him for trying to make a play. I want no part of the Fellowship of the Miserable.

I am all for bunting for a hit in situations many "baseball people" believe is stupid. Most of the time they think it's stupid its a player trying to make a play when the other team least expects it, wow what a concept trying to get on base huh?

Having said that with Papi on 3rd, he's slow fat not great on the base paths, and #2 Hanley is killing the ball for the most part - he needs to swing away. But killing him for it, just stupid people. Thinking it's not smart in the situation is ok but he actually was "trying to make a play." Good for him.

If you're Mark Texierra right now and they play you to pull and you don't bunt down 3rd anywhere - that's stupid. Only way he can get on base.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I guess I'm missing something. I saw Hanley kill the inning with that but. There was no squeeze, nothing. Just looked terrible. And the announcers didn't even react. Oh well. Papi won it anyway.

Reaction Score
That was a stupid-ass decision by Hanley. I hate when guys who aren't good bunters try to bunt. 75% they screw up and don't get a good bunt down. Hell that number may be closer to 90%.
When you're hot at the plate that's double insanity.

Reaction Score
I was at the game. I guess the one positive thing about it is that no one was expecting it. If it was successful, everyone would be praising him for a great play. But....it didn't work. If it had, we would have missed a great Big Papi moment. It was a lot of fun. Almost all the fans stayed for 15 minutes after the game. A great day for me.

Reaction Score
I was at the game. I guess the one positive thing about it is that no one was expecting it. If it was successful, everyone would be praising him for a great play. But....it didn't work. If it had, we would have missed a great Big Papi moment. It was a lot of fun. Almost all the fans stayed for 15 minutes after the game. A great day for me.

Were you the one that brought the powder or rosin out to 2nd base?

Reaction Score
Were you the one that brought the powder or rosin out to 2nd base?
The end of the game was like a rock concert but I was under strict orders from my spouse not to rush the stage, so it wasn't me.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom