Husky reunion at the Sun/Atlanta game! (And CPTV fundraising, too!) | The Boneyard

Husky reunion at the Sun/Atlanta game! (And CPTV fundraising, too!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Watching the Sun/Dream game - Jen Rizzotti doing color commentary, lots of former Huskies playing, and Caroline Doty tweeted that she, Breanna and Bria are there, as is Shea. And CPTV doing fundraising breaks. Just like old times (except for the different uniforms!) Sun leading at the half.

mr006

Reaction Score
Seems like every Sun game is a Huskies reunion - lol. Have watched a few games on CPTV, for which I am grateful (especially since I won't be among the ones making the switch to SNY - sorry Uconn...). Glad that they've picked something else up, and won't mind throwing some $ their way, though I haven't seen pledge breaks on the previous games. The pledge breaks didn't generally bother me, but the commercials mostly don't either - although I think it's a tossup between Jerry Franklin asking for money and the guy with the Corolla giving coffee out in the morning... seven times a game... puh-leeze....

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I'm flabbergasted that anyone would stop watching a team they legitimately cared about because the team transferred their Tier 3 television rights to a channel which reaches a wider audience. Talk about cutting off one's nose to spite one's face

mr006

Reaction Score
Since you mentioned it, I do not have, nor do not really want, cable. I get enough agita playing the games to get affordable internet, let alone doing the same for the rest of their products, even for UConn. Plus I have found that UConn as an institution is not what it used to be for me, for a variety of reasons. If that means I don't "legitimately care", so be it. Doesn't mean I won't watch, or hope for another NC, listen to the games on WTIC's internet, but there are other teams (WBB and others) and other stations (CPTV) that might need my support more than UC and SNY seem to - UHartford? And maybe watching the Sun, getting to cheer on old favorites (Tina, Renee, Asjha, etc) and new ones (Kara Lawson, for one), and hoping for *them* to finally get a championship, and hoping for their league to keep building and grow strong... I guess at this point that's what gets me excited. To each their own, I guess.

Reaction Score
There is also the case of others of us who live in the CPTV cable service area, but not the SNY service area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom