Huskies Bar Expansion? | The Boneyard

Huskies Bar Expansion?

Reaction Score
From Huskies Bar on Twitter:

Big things happening at Huskies #bestbaroncampus will be even bigger and better next semester! Stay tuned for details #Thefinalpourisnomore!

Anyone have any info?

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Huskies purchased the Final Pour and is moving into that location. It's a smart move for them- they needed more space and FP had been really struggling lately to attract even a decent crowd. Not sure what will happen to the current space but @Justin M should be able to give us a better idea as he has a little more info on it than I do.

Drew

Reaction Score
Is that the former Civic Pub/Upper Deck?

Yes that's the same spot. Right above Sgt Peps and next to the Hookah Lounge/Wings Express

Drew

Reaction Score
FWIW: Huskies opened tonight at their new location holding nickel. Looks absolutely packed

Reaction Score
Interesting, the place above sgt peppers, thirsty dog, was pretty well attended when i went 04-08,

Last edited:

Drew

Reaction Score
Update: Its now just called "Huskies Bar". They're in the spot that was formerly Thirsties Pub (Final Pour). The reasoning for being just "Huskies Bar" and not "Huskies Bar and Grille" is that they bought (or are buying) the Hookah Lounge next to the new establishment and are going to turn it into "Huskies Tavern" which will carry craft CT beers and serve food with TV's and the whole nine yards. Going to be absolutely packed on game days now.

Plan is to turn the old Huskies into either dorms or more parking I believe. Wouldn't be surprised to see Teds move in the next 5 years either. The university wants that land (and quite frankly needs it) and if they are going to be putting in a dorm where the old Huskies location was I can't imagine them being too thrilled with there being a bar directly in between a dorm and the Visitors Center.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Update: Its now just called "Huskies Bar". They're in the spot that was formerly Thirsties Pub (Final Pour). The reasoning for being just "Huskies Bar" and not "Huskies Bar and Grille" is that they bought (or are buying) the Hookah Lounge next to the new establishment and are going to turn it into "Huskies Tavern" which will carry craft CT beers and serve food with TV's and the whole nine yards. Going to be absolutely packed on game days now.

Plan is to turn the old Huskies into either dorms or more parking I believe. Wouldn't be surprised to see Teds move in the next 5 years either. The university wants that land (and quite frankly needs it) and if they are going to be putting in a dorm where the old Huskies location was I can't imagine them being too thrilled with there being a bar directly in between a dorm and the Visitors Center.

Wow. So much as changed. Huskies and Ted's potentially gone from that location...sniff. I might need a good cry. :(
Then again, the proposed Huskies Tavern sounds awesome.

Reaction Score

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Ted's needs to say there. Can they pick the building up and move it a few feet?

Drew

Reaction Score
New Year, New Huskies: Decades-old campus bar moves locations

After years nestled between Ted’s and Wings Over, Huskies Bar has moved to a new location. Huskies has been under the same ownership since 1993, and doubled in size in the mid-‘80s to its former layout, according to Dan Prokop, one of the owners of the bar. Its new site is where Final Pour, or Thirsty’s (whatever you want to call it) used to be.

Huskies used to be more of a pizza/bar-food and beer place in the mid-60s until it was expanded, Prokop said. Management was looking to expand, general manager, Kevin Lavallee said, and when Final Pour went out of business, they seized the opportunity.

Lavallee said that Final Pour’s space is newer than the old Huskies, and the bar’s team had a vision of making it even better.

“It’s been gutted from top to bottom,” Lavellee said of the new Huskies. The walls are decorated with Husky decorations and memorabilia and adorned with 17 flat screen TVs. The bar also has a brand new sound system and an improved layout, along with 12 beers on tap.

Reaction Score
New Year, New Huskies: Decades-old campus bar moves locations

After years nestled between Ted’s and Wings Over, Huskies Bar has moved to a new location. Huskies has been under the same ownership since 1993, and doubled in size in the mid-‘80s to its former layout, according to Dan Prokop, one of the owners of the bar. Its new site is where Final Pour, or Thirsty’s (whatever you want to call it) used to be.

Huskies used to be more of a pizza/bar-food and beer place in the mid-60s until it was expanded, Prokop said. Management was looking to expand, general manager, Kevin Lavallee said, and when Final Pour went out of business, they seized the opportunity.

Lavallee said that Final Pour’s space is newer than the old Huskies, and the bar’s team had a vision of making it even better.

“It’s been gutted from top to bottom,” Lavellee said of the new Huskies. The walls are decorated with Husky decorations and memorabilia and adorned with 17 flat screen TVs. The bar also has a brand new sound system and an improved layout, along with 12 beers on tap.

So this is the guy I can blame for never learning how to dance because all I could do was maybe twitch a shoulder when packed like sardines on the dance floor on any give Thu/Fri night back in the '90's at Huskies? I wonder if the 'new' Huskies will adopt the old anything goes ID policy of the old Upper Deck from the same 90's time period.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
So this is the guy I can blame for never learning how to dance because all I could do was maybe twitch a shoulder when packed like sardines on the dance floor on any give Thu/Fri night back in the '90's at Huskies? I wonder if the 'new' Huskies will adopt the old anything goes ID policy of the old Upper Deck from the same 90's time period.

We're dating ourselves, but I was there at the same time. I remember when it opened as The Diner. We went to one nickle night and drank so many beers playing Anchor Man that one guy swallowed like 5 quarters just to stop the game. Great time! Plus, I was benefiting from their liberal ID policy.

Drew

Reaction Score

this is apparently opening soon:

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom