OT: - Hurricane Henri | The Boneyard

OT: Hurricane Henri

Reaction Score
Henri had me remembering the game when the roof of Gampel leaked during a nasty winter storm. Some extremely brave soul went up to the top of the dome in a very flimsy looking cage, something like 150 feet up. Were any other BY'ers there for that game? Hope the dome holds up for Henri...

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Yes, latest track indicates Henri likes basketball. Was originally going to visit the Cape, but now looks like he is going to make stops at Gampel and Naismith HOF.
Yep looks like its gonna travel right up the river.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Since we have family in CT, we are tracking Henri. One son & family lives in Southbury and other & his family live in Danbury.

We are scheduled to fly into Westchester County Airport Tuesday morning. Flying in from Orlando. First time seeing our two sons and their families since November 2019. Going to have to keep a close eye on our flight. Areas are predicted to be without power for 5 - 10 days. Not what we had in mind!

Reaction Score
Don't take this storm lightly. While the winds may not be at catastrophic levels, the possible loss of power and significant flooding are real. FEMA is in the process of activating and staging water rescue teams for possible deployment.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
My hope is that Henri takes a hard right turn and veers out to sea and completely bypasses Connecticut and Rhode Island. If you live in the projected path of the hurricane, please be safe. I’m sure you already know the precautions to take. I look forward to reading reports that all of you pulled through without loss of property damage or power outages. I’m watching the weather channel periodically for updates.

Reaction Score
Henri is a bit to the west of me. We expect 1-2" of rain and winds. It shouldn't be too bad.

I was 100 miles north of where Andrew hit, just south of Miami, on Aug 24, 1992. That was more than close enough.

And while we are talking about weather, It recently rained for the first time since recording started in 1950, on Greenland's ice sheet summit. The summit is almost two miles high and has only been above freezing a couple of times. Global warming. All this while one of the California fires is 2/3rds the size of Rhode Island.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
My boat is moored off the N side of City Island.
It's a vintage C&C 34
We double tied down everything yesterday afternoon...but leaving it in the water
at our exceptionally strong mooring.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
My boat is moored off the N side of City Island.
It's a vintage C&C 34
We double tied down everything yesterday afternoon...but leaving it in the water
at our exceptionally strong mooring.
Hopefully mother nature will spare your boat this time.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Hopefully mother nature will spare your boat this time.
It was a big nothing at City Island

Leaving for two months to the Bahamas Tuesday
Cute little un-touristy Island, Spanish Wells
Bringing an inflatable Minicat 460 to sail and fish there.
Hoping for no big storms.
Back for the start of BB season.

Good luck this afternoon for our Northern Ct and Rhode Island friends.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom