Hurley’s quote central | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Hurley’s quote central

Reaction Score
Rothstein: UConn has been to six Final Fours and five have been through the West Region. If you’re the top seed in the East Region this year, you’re going to play first and second round games at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn and then potentially Sweet 16 and Elite Eight games at TD Garden in Boston. Have you allowed that to enter your mind yet?

Hurley: We talk about it. We haven’t started to talk about it until recently, but we’ve earned the right to internally discuss it. With every game now that’s coming, we talk about the Big East regular season title and seeding in the NCAA Tournament. Last year, we took our foot off the gas and we ended up with a four seed and had to play a brutal Iona team in the first round of the tournament that now has two guys — Daniss Jenkins (St. John’s) and Walter Clayton (Florida) — who are playing at a high level in power conferences. I think you visualize things in life and you’ve got to speak it into existence sometimes. Since the summer, I’ve been saying in my own mind — Brooklyn to Boston to Phoenix. I’ve spoke about it to myself and now I’m discussing it with the team.

caw

Reaction Score
Scheyer is more of a babysitter than a coach.
That sure is how it comes off in that huddle. I forget when this happened in the game but man they look absolutely defeated and he is doing nothing to get them in gear.

Reaction Score
Rothstein: UConn has been to six Final Fours and five have been through the West Region. If you’re the top seed in the East Region this year, you’re going to play first and second round games at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn and then potentially Sweet 16 and Elite Eight games at TD Garden in Boston. Have you allowed that to enter your mind yet?

Hurley: We talk about it. We haven’t started to talk about it until recently, but we’ve earned the right to internally discuss it. With every game now that’s coming, we talk about the Big East regular season title and seeding in the NCAA Tournament. Last year, we took our foot off the gas and we ended up with a four seed and had to play a brutal Iona team in the first round of the tournament that now has two guys — Daniss Jenkins (St. John’s) and Walter Clayton (Florida) — who are playing at a high level in power conferences. I think you visualize things in life and you’ve got to speak it into existence sometimes. Since the summer, I’ve been saying in my own mind — Brooklyn to Boston to Phoenix. I’ve spoke about it to myself and now I’m discussing it with the team.

Doomed

Reaction Score
Let’s create a thread for any of us to enjoy a listen to what Coach Hurley said pre, in or post game. I found him not only motivating but entertaining. Great stuff!

This is from in the huddle today:

If he only had more passion…..

Reaction Score
This is one of my favorites:

“This is a group that seems to be making history in a place that’s hard to make history,”
Dan Hurley said.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom