Hulu | The Boneyard

Hulu

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I have Netflix, and for $8/month, it's worth the money. Is Hulu worth the fee? How is it different than Neflix?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I have Netflix, and for $8/month, it's worth the money. Is Hulu worth the fee? How is it different than Neflix?

I chose it over Netflix streaming. It's essentially a replacement for DVRing network shows. It has all if them immediately after broadcast. And all the back seasons. It also has movies and other content. I also like that cc is available on more of their content.

They give you a free trial

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I chose it over Netflix streaming. It's essentially a replacement for DVRing network shows. It has all if them immediately after broadcast. And all the back seasons. It also has movies and other content. I also like that cc is available on more of their content.

They give you a free trial

Does it have the shows on HBO, etc?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Does it have the shows on HBO, etc?

No. Not HBO or Showtime. They have resisted selling that content, which they correctly believe would end subscription to their channels (Netflix and others have obviously killed their original movie based business). But it does have stuff from FX and most of the other non network channels, including BBC and PBS.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
No. Not HBO or Showtime. They have resisted selling that content, which they correctly believe would end subscription to their channels (Netflix and others have obviously killed their original movie based business). But it does have stuff from FX and most of the other non network channels, including BBC and PBS.
If you pay for HBO, you can log into HBOGO.com. I have HuluPlus as well, which is exactly as described above. Another source is a website that begins with www.v ends with e.com and has eetl in the middle. Click on "Explore", then "All". The "Shows" and "Entertainment" options gives you tv shows and movies, respectively. The only problem is that they are not on demand.

I'd love it if Hulu got the rights to Homeland. I have zero desire to subscribe to Showtime just for that.

Reaction Score
I got the netflix, since the deal with Disney/Pixar they have added a lot of children content recently, which is great for my kids. I can stream it directly from my tv and ipad, so my kids can watch either the tv or the ipad at anytime at home.

The movie selection otherwise is not that strong. The tv show selection is improving. I tried Hulu for a few weeks but found it wasn't worth it. I recently found a website that streams a whole lot of tv series and new movies for free so I'm on my computer a whole lot more catching up with my movie fix.

Reaction Score
If you want the link to the free streaming site, let me know....

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I'd like to check that out. Thanks.

I did the one week free trial. Definitely not worth it, for me any way. I can see someone benifiting if constantly on the road, needing mobile access. Other than than, there not much to offer over hat Netflix has available. And the huluplus interface sucks.

Reaction Score
I subscribed at one point. Horrible. The movie selection is abysmal, and the tv selection is better on netflix. I bought a $20 antenna to get basic channels, so there is no need for Hulu Plus.

I cut cable out completely last year. I have a Netflix subscription and an Amazon prime subscription. I am still trying to figure out what to do about sports. I have an old computer connexted to my tv, so I stream ESPN3 for college sports (Cox doesn't have a deal with WatchESPN which is a killer). And I subscribe to MLB.tv for $100 to get most baseball games. I stream it all through a ROKU player.

Reaction Score
I have both Netflix and Hulu Plus. I do not have any sort of cable service otherwise. Hulu Plus isn't "as good" as Netflix, per se, but it's better about keeping up with current content for non-premium TV shows. For instance, I can watch all of The Office or Parks and Recreation without waiting a week, and if I fall behind I have the whole season to watch. I think of it was more supplemental to Netflix.

I'm not sure if I'll keep them both, but there's no way I'll get rid of Netflix.

Reaction Score
I have netflix, tried hulu free for a week and amazon prime for a free month, got rid of hulu, found myself just watching family guy. Amazon prime was good, but they monitor your viewing habits and when they know you like a show, it's no longer free, at least that was my opinion.

I really like netflix, just wish they kept their arrangement with encore, the new release movies are not as plentiful, have a sony streamer and a sony blu ray, love the free streaming content that sony provides, they have a ton of content that I'm only know starting to enjoy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom