Howling at The Rent ? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Howling at The Rent ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
two thoughts on this....

first, it sucked. bad.
second, it may not be as bad if there is some sort of visual with it. so you know what, and/or why, something is making that noise.

Reaction Score
I was there as well and I thought it was pretty bad. I don't think you can do music and barking together, it should be one or the other.

Part of "Atomic Dog" as mentioned above would be fine, although I would probably start dancing instead of making noise on 3rd down!

Reaction Score
I was in 225. Couldn't even tell it was barking dogs. Heard the howl. Thought it was awful. Reactions in the section seemed to range from laughing at it to indifference to people just holding hands over their ears. Ozzy was great but the rest was nonsense.

Reaction Score
I've said before we should incorporate some type of Goal Song like they do in the NHL. Obviously for us it would be for a touchdown, first down, etc. My suggestion is do the same as the Phoenix Coyotes. They have a mix of Howlin for you by the Black Keys. Pretty great song would be easy for everyone to sing with.

Reaction Score
I was there as well and I thought it was pretty bad. I don't think you can do music and barking together, it should be one or the other.

Part of "Atomic Dog" as mentioned above would be fine, although I would probably start dancing instead of making noise on 3rd down!

DMX begs to differ. All he does is bark in is songs :)

But seriously, I didn't figure out what it was supposed to be until half way through the third quarter. It as if they just took a sound clip of a sound clip of YouTube, cranked the volume and hoped that Crazy Train worked with it. I have friends that are sound engineers and that would literally make them cry.

Reaction Score
DMX begs to differ. All he does is bark in is songs :)

But seriously, I didn't figure out what it was supposed to be until half way through the third quarter. It as if they just took a sound clip of a sound clip of YouTube, cranked the volume and hoped that Crazy Train worked with it. I have friends that are sound engineers and that would literally make them cry.
I have been waiting for them to use a DMX sound clip for years!!

The thing they tried on Saturday was beyond turrrible.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
I love the howling... Took them 11 years to figure that one out. Brillient. But the pre-music barking dogs, snarling car wreck SFX has to go. Like the improvements tho. I also like the new Husky Walk and coming down through the Student Section and onto the field for pre-game warmups. That's a cool change.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I think they were trying to work in sounds of a sled dog team. The problem is, without a visual, these clips typically have more whining and whimpering than bad _ss barking and howling. Not exactly what you want to hear on third down.

Of course it would be better than what they had on Saturday.

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I hope they don't do this in lieu of " welcome to the jungle". Not that I particularly like that, but pretty much everyone in the building knows that means 3rd down.

They used to do Crazy Train on third down at the Rent much more, I think Welcome to the Jungle really took off around 2006-2007. I think it's about time they mixed it up, Crazy Train with some dog sound effects works for me.

That being said, everyone in the building should know when third down is! I'm usually on my feet, keys shaking, as soon as the defense makes the tackle on second down. Gotta be loud and disrupt the enemy offense, can't let them have even a second to hear themselves in the huddle!

Reaction Score
that was on purpose!?!?!?! OMG, at first I thought there was something wrong with the sound board and they kept trying to fix it but failed. That was god AWFUL! AWFUL!! After a while I realized it was real, I think they should keep the howling and then fade to Ozzy.. AWFUL.. cant say it enough... AWFUL!!

Reaction Score
that was on purpose!?!?!?! OMG, at first I thought there was something wrong with the sound board and they kept trying to fix it but failed. That was god AWFUL! AWFUL!! After a while I realized it was real, I think they should keep the howling and then fade to Ozzy.. AWFUL.. cant say it enough... AWFUL!!

Can't agree with you enough. I thought the howling was pretty awesome, but the barking was terrible. Howling into Crazy Train would be a pretty neat idea.

Reaction Score
One simple howl maybe a bark right into Crazy Train would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom