How would you rank the kick we will receive soon? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

How would you rank the kick we will receive soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
No way. Imagining the AAAAAAAAAC as an even lesser conference without whomever ends up leaving is a horrid scenario. It's not the fact that we won't go somewhere better, it will be like moving from 3 mile island to Chernobyl.
I agree. If for some reason and somehow the Big 12 expands without taking any AAC schools it might not be as bad but if they take Cincy and another AAC school and then they back load with adding Marshall and UMass, I might shut off college sports....

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Out of 10
No Big12 expansion: 1
Big12 expands taking combo of BYU, CSU, BSU or ACC/PAC team: 3
Big12 expands with two AAC teams: 457327

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
This thread was bad mojo.

F%#@!
Nope, this thread is the anti-anti mojo to the over confidence expressed elsewhere. It is a 6 page long "We're Doomed!"

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
This was it. Learning that we are cemented in G5 for at least the next decade hurts the most. It will hurt when Houston is tapped to play football in the B12 before it eventually disbands, but even that doesn't compare to the sack kick from seeing all of our regional r1vals playing P5, soon to be P4, sports and we are left competing against mid-majors.

This is a dark day for us UConn fans. We have P5 metrics but no P5 seat. Soon, we will not have those same P5 metrics and they will be long forgotten by the next wave of realignment administrators.

Reaction Score
This was it. Learning that we are cemented in G5 for at least the next decade hurts the most. It will hurt when Houston is tapped to play football in the B12 before it eventually disbands, but even that doesn't compare to the sack kick from seeing all of our regional r1vals playing P5, soon to be P4, sports and we are left competing against mid-majors.

This is a dark day for us UConn fans. We have P5 metrics but no P5 seat. Soon, we will not have those same P5 metrics and they will be long forgotten by the next wave of realignment administrators.

I give you a "like" for describing an all-world kick. But consider how pathetic we have become when try to rate a kick that hasn't happened just yet.
shame, but true.

I say there are still a lot of moving parts. We should let the dust settle a bit before we conclude that we'll need to get our nut sacks removed from our stomachs.

Reaction Score
The current events based on the assumption we have not already been accepted into a P5 conference are not a kick.
They are the Coup de Gras of UConn's hopes
For those unfamiliar with the term
It is a merciful blow that brings a swift death to a suffering wounded advasary
Like shooting a firing squad victim in the head just to make sure.

Reaction Score
Nut punch futures index took a dip but went back up. Expanding by two or four is the question (per Chuck Carlton, and others). Expanding by two is the now the path for nut punch pain...
I refuse to believe that the Big 12 is capable of thinking far enough into the future to expand by 4.

They're being dragged, kicking and screaming, toward any kind of expansion. Seems to me if they do it at all, it'll be the bare minimum

Reaction Score
I want to believe we have a shot here, but my head says that if they expand by 2, it'll be Cincinnati and Memphis. Don't think Memphis deserves it, but that FedEx money is gonna go a long way.

But nothing will compare to the kick from missing out on the ACC twice -- especially the second time to Louisville. Because I don't EXPECT to get into the B12, though I have some hope.

Reaction Score
Can we cut the crap about Memphis being a favorite?

No P5 conference wants them. The AAC didn't even want them until the only alternatives were the likes of Tulsa and Tulane.

Reaction Score
My stomach already turning weeks before the announcement that BYU, Cincinnati, Houston and Memphis have been added to the B12.

Can the UConn PR machine please get publicly started and make the case!

One ray of hope? Benedict ain't monitoring.

Reaction Score
My stomach already turning weeks before the announcement that BYU, Cincinnati, Houston and Memphis have been added to the B12.

Can the UConn PR machine please get publicly started and make the case!

One ray of hope? Benedict ain't monitoring.
That's not gonna happen. Per the Courant story:

UConn Content To Stay Behind The Scenes, Vows Not To Pester Big 12 Bosses

School officials in Storrs have privately said UConn has made its interest known. But there has been no public promoting and that won't change, according to sources at the school.

Reaction Score

School officials in Storrs have privately said UConn has made its interest known. But there has been no public promoting and that won't change, according to sources at the school.

Normally I would say this is the right approach and that the party making the most noise is the one in the weakest position. Given that we are dealing with a particularly mismanaged organization in the B12, I'm not sure it's the right approach here.

Reaction Score
Nowhere near as bad as Louisville/ACC in 2013.

UConn is far from the B12.

I have already gone through all of the stages of death through the last couple of realignments and I have come to the conclusion that there are forces at work against us ever getting a seat at the big boy table no matter how deserving we are. I have also come to the conclusion that UConn leadership and Connecticut politics have a lot to do with it.

Reaction Score
I'm getting really scared.

I didn't expect to get my hopes up. They're up. I don't know how they got all the way up there, but I don't own a tall enough ladder to go and get them.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I'm getting really scared.

I didn't expect to get my hopes up. They're up. I don't know how they got all the way up there, but I don't own a tall enough ladder to go and get them.
With the Governor of Texas and even the UT President making public statements in favor of UH... it could get chaotic.

Reaction Score
Full support of all media consultants is the one thing consistent in the UConn candidacy. You can't maximize the money without the Northeast market and everything we hear from tv people has UConn in. Now the B12 writers have UConn in. I feel much better than I did yesterday.

junglehusky

Reaction Score
Full support of all media consultants is the one thing consistent in the UConn candidacy. You can't maximize the money without the Northeast market and everything we hear from tv people has UConn in. Now the B12 writers have UConn in. I feel much better than I did yesterday.
Wellll I'm about as confident as I was in the spring, mainly because it sounds like 4 is more likely than 2. But we were cockblocked by politics when Louisville got in, now you have Texas-sized politics which just increases the chaos factor.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
UH is in if they go to 12. UT and the TX political system has spoken. The only question is how. Go to 14 or bump someone. Hurts us big time as I think we are ahead of BYU. If UT picks UH as 11, do they let the Little 8 pick 12. And would they spend their last dollar on Cincy?

I can feel the foot drawing back.

junglehusky

Reaction Score
UH is in if they go to 12. UT and the TX political system has spoken. The only question is how. Go to 14 or bump someone. Hurts us big time as I think we are ahead of BYU. If UT picks UH as 11, do they let the Little 8 pick 12. And would they spend their last dollar on Cincy?

I can feel the foot drawing back.
#PrayFor4

Also, #PrayTheseCrazyFalseFlagConspiracyTheoriesAreCorrect

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score

For some odd reason, publicly begging seems to work for everyone until it gets to us and then it's embarrassing and overbearing. Publicly lobbying worked wonders for Louisville as the word was they really set themselves above us in the final hours of the ACC's decision, and now Memphis and Houston have lobbied so much that they seem to be on everyone's top 4 list despite having major disadvantages.

I know public opinion differs from what the presidents making this decision think, but public perception will certainly bleed into their thoughts to some degree as the fans are their constituents after all, and public perception is our weakest area.

How is public perception changed when all your program has done is win and you are still disrespected? Marketing, and that amounts to public lobbying in this game. I thought our ads in the Dallas paper were a good start but all has been quiet on that front since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom