How would you rank the kick we will receive soon? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

How would you rank the kick we will receive soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He's not really wrong....if you modify his statement to read "...the B1G and ACC aren't coming in time...". That's the real problem or at least the fear. No, I don't know anything either. But I am seriously worried that we can't sustain this for much longer.
The general feeling amongst Big Ten alumni and fans is there's going to be more expansion. Some are genuinely scared of UConn.

Reaction Score
I pretty much feel the same. I don't care how much of a "geographic outlier" we might seem to be. Houston makes zero sense in any way, shape, or form. They get in over us and this whole thing is over for me.

If this were to happen, I would join the crazies that have been clamoring for either football independence or dropping it entirely and head back to the Big East.

Reaction Score
Still filing all of this Big 12 stuff under "I'll believe it when I see it."

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The general feeling amongst Big Ten alumni and fans is there's going to be more expansion. Some are genuinely scared of UConn.

I think there will be. I don't think it will be soon. The B1G's targets are tied up. I actually think the B1G would welcome having UConn stashed away in the Big XII, preventing the ACC from moving on us, and letting UConn show what it can be in a P5 conference. If our football and basketball thrive in the Big XII, they know we are a perfect target.

Reaction Score
I think there will be. I don't think it will be soon. The B1G's targets are tied up. I actually think the B1G would welcome having UConn stashed away in the Big XII, preventing the ACC from moving on us, and letting UConn show what it can be in a P5 conference. If our football and basketball thrive in the Big XII, they know we are a perfect target.

I don't necessarily disagree with you, as I believe that Delany wants some combo of UVA, UNC, and GT above all else. UCONN could certainly factor in as a #16, 18, or 20 depending on the scope of any expansion. That said it is a pretty crappy notion that UCONN would have to prove anything to anybody on a field or court while half the existing P5 does nothing but suck and cash checks.

ElGuapo

What does that mean, in-famous?
Reaction Score
This classic scene from Idiocracy sums it up the best.

Hormel Chavez is UConn which constantly gets his ballz smashed in new and more painful ways.

I would take it a bit further and say that Idiocracy is the world of CR with UConn being the Luke Wilson character just trying to make sense of it all and get out.

Reaction Score
Well if you are Purdue or Indiana or Northwestern UConn would be exactly what you don't want. Another pretty good football program you have to try to climb over. If you are any basketball program why would you want to add a 4 time national champ that you now have to compete with for a dance ticket?

Reaction Score
Well if you are Purdue or Indiana or Northwestern UConn would be exactly what you don't want. Another pretty good football program you have to try to climb over. If you are any basketball program why would you want to add a 4 time national champ that you now have to compete with for a dance ticket?

All of that means next to nothing if it can be proved that a UCONN Addition would make everybody more money than they are currently making.

Reaction Score
All of that means next to nothing if it can be proved that a UCONN Addition would make everybody more money than they are currently making.
Agreed. There is a difference in how different groups look at it. Presidents and ads money is all. Fans though want to see their teams succeed. Coaches would just as soon not have to play yet another contender all other things being equal.

Reaction Score

Are you going to fill the $25 million hole in the athletic department's budget?
Not every aspect of every effort has to turn a profit. UConn has a mission. If the athletic department helps fulfill that mission while operating in the red, that might be tolerated. If athletic excellence is detrimental to our mission, it should be shuttered.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score

I don't disagree, necessarily, but Conference's Exhibit 1 does: Rutgers.

I don't think they care how we progress in a P5. If we suck at sports in the XII they'll still take us if they can make money with us. Rutty sucked at every sport imaginible in a P6 for 25 years and they're still off the board. Success means nothing. Rutgers is proof of that.

Reaction Score
This one actually won't even be that bad. I'm numb almost to the point of indifference with conference realignment. There are no expectations left.

If we get in somewhere I'll be really happy, but if we don't, I never really expected to.

Our situation is never so bad that it can't get worse.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
This one actually won't even be that bad. I'm numb almost to the point of indifference with conference realignment. There are no expectations left.

If we get in somewhere I'll be really happy, but if we don't, I never really expected to.

Our situation is never so bad that it can't get worse.

No way. Imagining the AAAAAAAAAC as an even lesser conference without whomever ends up leaving is a horrid scenario. It's not the fact that we won't go somewhere better, it will be like moving from 3 mile island to Chernobyl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom