How would you rank the kick we will receive soon? | Page 8 | The Boneyard

How would you rank the kick we will receive soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
This emphasis on public salesmanship is ridiculous. The only people public salesmanship wins over are random fans on Twitter. I care about what's said to Presidents and ADs in private meetings and presentations, because that's what gets teams in.

People who would blame us not making it in on a lack of tweets by our AD or publicly begging are just pissed off in general and looking for reasons to get mad.

It didn't get us in the last time. It sure seems to have helped get a glorified community college into the ACC. And at that time, we were not all that far removed from a BCS bowl appearance.

If we lose out this time to another glorified community college like Memphis, our university administration is going to get blamed, whether they deserve it or not.

Reaction Score
It didn't get us in the last time. It sure seems to have helped get a glorified community college into the ACC. And at that time, we were not all that far removed from a BCS bowl appearance.

If we lose out this time to another glorified community college like Memphis, our university administration is going to get blamed, whether they deserve it or not.

If we lose out this time our admin deserves to be run out of town on the next bus leaving Storrs. That is the price of failure in things this big.

Reaction Score
Not sure on the blame because the geography thing is a very relevant explanation.

The ACC loss to Louisville is still bad. Manuel was lost and unprepared. And the University not organized with their vision and pitch. Is Louisville a football school, they draw 7-10k more than UConn and have no chance to ever be relevant in the playoffs, just like UConn.

Reaction Score
Our (UConn) location is a major deterrent for getting an invite to the B12. If we don't get an invite it's not going to any bodies fault. It won't be because of a lack of effort by UConn. Short of moving the UConn campus closer to B12 country I don't know what else that could have been done by Benedict or Herbst. No matter what happens, UConn needs to continue improving the brand. We can't sulk and feel sorry for ourself. There will be other opportunities down the road.

UConnNick

Reaction Score
Not sure on the blame because the geography thing is a very relevant explanation.

The ACC loss to Louisville is still bad. Manuel was lost and unprepared. And the University not organized with their vision and pitch. Is Louisville a football school, they draw 7-10k more than UConn and have no chance to ever be relevant in the playoffs, just like UConn.

No it's not. The one criteria that hasn't been publicly announced by the B12 is geography or distances. They are claiming it's not a relevant factor. Certainly our dumpster fire FB program over the past five seasons may be reason enough to leave us on the outside looking in (thanks Jeff Hathaway, you cretin!), but distances from B12 schools won't work as an excuse for our administration if we're left at the altar yet again.

UConnNick

Reaction Score
Our (UConn) location is a major deterrent for getting an invite to the B12. If we don't get an invite it's not going to any bodies fault. It won't be because of a lack of effort by UConn. Short of moving the UConn campus closer to B12 country I don't know what else that could have been done by Benedict or Herbst. No matter what happens, UConn needs to continue improving the brand. We can't sulk and feel sorry for ourself. There will be other opportunities down the road.

The B12 has already indicated that geography has nothing to do with their decisions. And if you think there's another CR lifeline being thrown our way anytime soon, you're delusional. By the time this might happen again, after several or many more years in a mid major conference, we will be about as attractive to the P5 conferences as the Washington Generals.

Reaction Score
What the B12 says publicly and what they actually do might be 2 completely different things. The B12 probably didn't plan on the Texas Governor getting involved and getting a seat at the table. Nothing UConn can do about that. UConn can't make the B12 invite them. I'm sure UConn is doing everything humanly possible to get an invite. When all the horse trading is done, and it all shakes out, we'll see where we stand. Hopefully Lady Luck will be on our side in this go around.

Reaction Score
The B12 has already indicated that geography has nothing to do with their decisions. And if you think there's another CR lifeline being thrown our way anytime soon, you're delusional. By the time this might happen again, after several or many more years in a mid major conference, we will be about as attractive to the P5 conferences as the Washington Generals.

I never said anytime soon. It could 2024 or 2036. The point being we can't sit around sulking and crying over spilled milk. UConn will need to make the best of their situation. Like Benedict stated, UConn needs to dominate the conference we are in and good things will happen. Remember, we will still have opportunities to play in bowl games, make the NCAA BBall tournaments. As fans we need to continue to support the teams by going to games. Yeah, of course we all wish we get an invite to a P5 conference. Like I tell my kids, life isn't always fair and nor should it be!!! Keep working hard and good things will come to you.

Reaction Score
No it's not. The one criteria that hasn't been publicly announced by the B12 is geography or distances. They are claiming it's not a relevant factor. Certainly our dumpster fire FB program over the past five seasons may be reason enough to leave us on the outside looking in (thanks Jeff Hathaway, you cretin!), but distances from B12 schools won't work as an excuse for our administration if we're left at the altar yet again.

FYI, two Big21 presidents have said excellent things this week about UConn, and then Amari DeBerry a BUT. Concern with distance for travel by all sports.

Be prepared for the kick. This is the major factor related to UConn. It's not football.

UConnNick

Reaction Score
FYI, two Big21 presidents have said excellent things this week about UConn, and then Amari DeBerry a BUT. Concern with distance for travel by all sports.

Be prepared for the kick. This is the major factor related to UConn. It's not football.

Like I indicated, they are not claiming it's a factor. I understand these are the same folks that almost killed a viable BCS conference five years ago. They aren't noted for rational thought.

All I know is they voted in a team back then where all their teams have to fly into Pittsburgh and then ride a bus for over an hour to Morgantown, WV. And then you're in Morgantown. I guess an extra hour long flight after they probably will have already made the trek to Morgantown is just too much to bear? Maybe you're right, but also, maybe your average B12 president is just a clueless moron.

Reaction Score
Like I indicated, they are not claiming it's a factor. I understand these are the same folks that almost killed a viable BCS conference five years ago. They aren't noted for rational thought.

All I know is they voted in a team back then where all their teams have to fly into Pittsburgh and then ride a bus for over an hour to Morgantown, WV. And then you're in Morgantown. I guess an extra hour long flight after they probably will have already made the trek to Morgantown is just too much to bear? Maybe you're right, but also, maybe your average B12 president is just a clueless moron.

Big 12 conference expansion news: Iowa State President Leath says location is key for possible candidates | Christian News on Christian Today

In another interview I read he specifically mentioned UConn's distance.

Reaction Score

UConnNick

Reaction Score
Iowa State is one of the schools in particular who should be thinking about the future. We can help save your conference after OU and UT leave. Sorry about the modestly longer plane ride

Exactly right. Do you want to cry and whine about a longer plane flight, or do you want to add a school with the potential to add unlimited value to your conference? Otherwise, take glorified community college Nos. 1 and 2...Houston and Memphis.

Reaction Score
Exactly right. Do you want to cry and whine about a longer plane flight, or do you want to add a school with the potential to add unlimited value to your conference? Otherwise, take glorified community college Nos. 1 and 2...Houston and Memphis.
You realize cr rule 1 dictates the second option?

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score

this is ignorant bs

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I never said anytime soon. It could 2024 or 2036. The point being we can't sit around sulking and crying over spilled milk. UConn will need to make the best of their situation. Like Benedict stated, UConn needs to dominate the conference we are in and good things will happen. Remember, we will still have opportunities to play in bowl games, make the NCAA BBall tournaments. As fans we need to continue to support the teams by going to games. Yeah, of course we all wish we get an invite to a P5 conference. Like I tell my kids, life isn't always fair and nor should it be!!! Keep working hard and good things will come to you.

At some point, the financial well will run dry. We can't keep throwing money at the athletic department with no prospect of a payoff at the end . . .

Reaction Score
The kick is coming.

Blessings to you all, except JSM. He can go **** himself.
I agree. Feels like UConn momentum has died. Don't see it ending well for the good guys.

Reaction Score
I hope we won't be seeing more corporate ads on college athletics uniforms soon...

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
Screen Shot 2016-08-01 at 7.59.32 AM.png

Reaction Score
Distance and location are two different things. This was more anti-Houston than anti-UConn.

He talks about travel for Olympic sports. Clearly concerned about distance. And, I read a more extensive transcript of this same interview in which he specifically mentions UConn. I don't know why we are so resistant to accepting that this is a huge concern for B12 presidents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom