How will the Big East rankings finish the season? | The Boneyard

How will the Big East rankings finish the season?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Stealing a thread from the General board, in what order will the BEast teams finish in the coming season? Post your predictions here

Reaction Score
This sniffs a lot like a playing time thread, but those are great fun, too. Here’s mine:

UConn (of course)
Creighton
Marquette
DePaul
Villanova
Providence
Georgetown
Seton Hall
St John’s
Xavier
Butler

Creighton returns almost everyone, except Rembao. I think they can build on their tournament achievement.

DePaul loses some key players, but Morrow should be even better after a year of D1 experience

The coaching at Marquette and Villanova is too good for them not be contenders. Marquette loses Van Kleunen, but Karlen is coming into her own.

It’s hard not to like Kelsey Ransom.

I think Mel Moore will be able to make steady progress with Xavier. Could they overtake St John’s?

Reaction Score
BIG EAST Women's Final rankings: 1. UCONN 2. Bluejays (Creighton)
3. DePaul (will the new guard transferring in make a difference?)
4. Marquette (a 3 vs 4 flip is a possibility) 5. Seton Hall!! (NIT tournament
runner up!) 6. Villanova 7. St. Johns (a sleeper due to transfers coming in??)
8. Providence 9. Xavier 10. Georgetown and 11. Butler.
The bottom 3 are really "the BOTTOM!". Let the games begin!!
As an addendum: UConn over DUKE, Iowa over Oregon State (maybe)
and UCONN over Iowa (Paige vs Caitlin on ABC)!!

Reaction Score
This sniffs a lot like a playing time thread, but those are great fun, too. Here’s mine:

UConn (of course)
Creighton
Marquette
DePaul
Villanova
Providence
Georgetown
Seton Hall
St John’s
Xavier
Butler

Creighton returns almost everyone, except Rembao. I think they can build on their tournament achievement.

DePaul loses some key players, but Morrow should be even better after a year of D1 experience

The coaching at Marquette and Villanova is too good for them not be contenders. Marquette loses Van Kleunen, but Karlen is coming into her own.

It’s hard not to like Kelsey Ransom.

I think Mel Moore will be able to make steady progress with Xavier. Could they overtake St John’s?
Need to add the HOYAS! I almost forgot Providence!

Reaction Score
I’d really like to see teams 5 in the top 25.
May be wishful thinking.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
No love for Seton Hall? The Pirates will have a senior-laden team led by Lauren Park-Lane and Sydney Cooks (Miss State transfer). they beat Creighton inthe BEast tourney and advanced to the WNIT championship game before losing to So Dakota State

Reaction Score
No love for Seton Hall? The Pirates will have a senior-laden team led by Lauren Park-Lane and Sydney Cooks (Miss State transfer). they beat Creighton inthe BEast tourney and advanced to the WNIT championship game before losing to So Dakota State

It’s hard not to like Seton Hall. Great coach and a magical pixie at point guard. I just think Creighton is on an upward trajectory and the Hall isn’t. I’ll be happy to be proven wrong on this. I hadn’t realized Satterfield transferred from Xavier. That may require a reconsideration on my part.

Reaction Score
I’m very curious about Villanova. They return Mullin, Olsen, and Orihel. But they lost Herlihy and Garzon, and they have so little height. Siegrist is practically their tallest player, other than a 6’2” sophomore (Christina Dalce) who hasn’t played much. Siegrist is one of the best offensive players in the nation and she carried them past BYU in the tournament. I’d like to see how far she can carry the team, but I wish she had more help.

Reaction Score
UConn (undefeated, of course, in a return to normalcy PLUS fully healthy)
Creighton
Villanova
Marquette
Seton Hall
DePaul (loss of Morris is felt in many games)
St John’s
Providence
Georgetown
Xavier
Butler (wins TWO games, but loses head to head matchup with Xavier & G-Town)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom