How to view Games online (I don't have cable) | The Boneyard

How to view Games online (I don't have cable)

Reaction Score
I wish to view the games online, I don't have cable. What are my options? tnx

Reaction Score
Simple answer: purchase either a Roku or Amazon Fire TV device and they have a ESPN app that you will add and then you can watch ESPN 3 which is available for most of your UConn games.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Simple answer: purchase either a Roku or Amazon Fire TV device and they have a ESPN app that you will add and then you can watch ESPN 3 which is available for most of your UConn games.
I am under the impression that one must have a subscription through cable or satellite to view ESPN on Roku. If so ,then TGIGG remains on the horns of his dilemma.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
You either have a Cable Subscription or a Streaming Service in order to watch ESPN3. There are websites where you can watch many Men's College Basketball without cable, but Women's games are hit or miss.

I don't see where subscribing to ESPN+ gives you ESPN3.

A subscription to ESpn+ does not give you access to Watch ESPN according toESPN customer service.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
1. You need a stream live service who carries ESPN-ESPN2-ESPN3. The cheapest is Sling TV, for $25/month.
Roku, Hulu and Youtube TV all >= $40/month.
2. ESPN+ is an addition of ESPN-ESPN2-ESPN3, $4.99/month. Any sports not shown in ESPN-ESPN2-ESPN3 will be
shown in ESPN+. ESPN+ does not include ESPN-ESPN2-ESPN3.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
That's not the way it works for me. I have both the Roku and the Amazon devices on multiple TV's. I have highspeed internet, 400mps. On both devices all you have to do is select the ESPN app and you got it with no money being exchanged. Now this is West of the Mississippi River so I don't know how they do it in Yankee land.

Reaction Score
That's not the way it works for me. I have both the Roku and the Amazon devices on multiple TV's. I have highspeed internet, 400mps. On both devices all you have to do is select the ESPN app and you got it with no money being exchanged. Now this is West of the Mississippi River so I don't know how they do it in Yankee land.
They supply cable here.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Call me ignorant abt Streaming but I viewed this site and lots about ESPN which I need and other channels, by number, I saw nothing about nothing on SNY. Any help here??
I believe that many people do not have access to SNY, but can access ESPN. And I also think most UConn wbb games on SNY are also available on ESPN3/Watch ESPN. So it ends up being the same thing, only different, as my Dad was wont to say. :confused:

Reaction Score
I believe that many people do not have access to SNY, but can access ESPN. And I also think most UConn wbb games on SNY are also available on ESPN3/Watch ESPN. So it ends up being the same thing, only different, as my Dad was wont to say. :confused:
That's pretty much my question. I had SNY and Hulu ESPN last season and I was trying to remember if I had to switch channels to get either or. The ESPN on Hulu was exceptional. Thanks. Your dad was right--everything is the same; only different, in the same way. Which once meant: problems are always problems only different problems. Thanks..

Reaction Score
That pretty much sums it up for me, tnx Bama Fan and all the others who responded, Sling TV it is. It's going to be a fun ride this year, am chomping at the bit to see how Christyn Williams fits in. Her swag/personality reminds me of Taurasi. We have enough talent, if the young guys can be composed when the pressure is on, we're going places.

Reaction Score
If you can or know some one to jail break you firestick get mobdro (spelling might be wrong) it carries a lot of sports cannels and live tv. If you get it jailbreak it is free.

Reaction Score
If you can or know some one to jail break you firestick get mobdro (spelling might be wrong) it carries a lot of sports cannels and live tv. If you get it jailbreak it is free.
Mobdro is a tool that constantly looks for free video streams available on the web and makes them accessible on your mobile device. It works by using such as P2P (peer to peer) technology and primary works for Android system but you can also install Mobdro on Fire Stick or Amazon Fire TV.

“Mobdro is an indexation tool, meaning it only looks [at] which streams are available,” it says.

“Mobdro doesn’t have any control whatsoever on the streamings. If the streaming that you are looking for was on the list before and now has vanished, it means that it was online but right now it is offline.”

It adds that the content of the streams is the "sole responsibility" of the pages where they are being hosted.

It has a reputation for being reliable, but not one for having the highest-quality streams.

Mobdro is the 'new Kodi' that lets you stream TV, films and sport for free

Reaction Score
According to Youtube TV's website SNY is included.
Screenshot (5).png

Reaction Score
But, be careful, after I added my zip code (southern California) SNY disappears, adds SEC Network.

View attachment 35494

Yes, like all the rest of these live streaming services, it really all depends in which zip code one lives to see which "Regional Sports Channels" one will get. For myself (YouTube TV), living in the New Haven county area I get both Boston's area NESN, NESN+ and New York's area SNY and YES channels. One reason I chose YouTube TV over other services, I liked all the sports channels it had with all of ESPN's family channels, SEC, FS1, FS2, BTN and for that one or two UConn games on CBS Sports or NBCSports channels...they're also there. Not to mention various other sports channels but the ones I was interested in are included on YouTube TV.

Reaction Score
Yes, like all the rest of these live streaming services, it really all depends in which zip code one lives to see which "Regional Sports Channels" one will get. For myself (YouTube TV), living in the New Haven county area I get both Boston's area NESN, NESN+ and New York's area SNY and YES channels. One reason I chose YouTube TV over other services, I liked all the sports channels it had with all of ESPN's family channels, SEC, FS1, FS2, BTN and for that one or two UConn games on CBS Sports or NBCSports channels...they're also there. Not to mention various other sports channels but the ones I was interested in are included on YouTube TV.
Yes, if I have to choice YouTube TV will be my first choice.
Also, Youtube TV allows you to have 6 simentuous access so the whole family members can use.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom