How to cancel the SNY services? | The Boneyard

How to cancel the SNY services?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sTu

Reaction Score
Anyone know how? They did not respond to an email. I do not like companies that put you on automatic billing.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
sTu, I've been working on this since after game 1. In summary, they have (thus far) refused to cancel this year's subscription - their version of a cancellation is, "we won't automatically renew you next year, but, you're stuck with this year". I've emailed them, and sent copies to the UConn AD's office. SNY has gone as far as saying that they'll "review" my request for at least a partial refund of this year's subscription.

So, SNY thinks it's perfectly resonable to charge a full year's fee for one game of marginal broadcast quality, and (to some of us, anyway) misleading promotions as to the availability of pre-game and post-game material. In one of their responses they said to refer to "the Terms of Service" on the webpage. When you go there, it isn't Terms of Service, it's terms of service way down on the bottom of the page, not capitalized.

Reaction Score
sTu, I've been working on this since after game 1. In summary, they have (thus far) refused to cancel this year's subscription - their version of a cancellation is, "we won't automatically renew you next year, but, you're stuck with this year". I've emailed them, and sent copies to the UConn AD's office. SNY has gone as far as saying that they'll "review" my request for at least a partial refund of this year's subscription.

So, SNY thinks it's perfectly resonable to charge a full year's fee for one game of marginal broadcast quality, and (to some of us, anyway) misleading promotions as to the availability of pre-game and post-game material. In one of their responses they said to refer to "the Terms of Service" on the webpage. When you go there, it isn't Terms of Service, it's terms of service way down on the bottom of the page, not capitalized.
Well, if it is any consolation so far there really hasn't been any pre-game or post-game content that you have missed. The broadcast starts just before tip-off, and then after the game they do a quick interview with Geno, then on to the next non-UConn program. Seems SNY may have misrepresented a lot, not just the streaming service.

sTu

Reaction Score
Thanks Pinotbear. I just want to be removed from a one month contract.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Again my suggestion is that ALL of you send you issues to the UConn AD and the marketing department. Do it and include complaints about being unable to cancel services in a prorated basis and detail the complete lack of customer support. Attach copies of any email communication. EMPHASIZE THAT YOU ARE ATTEMPTING TO CANCEL BECAUSE OF A FAILURE TO PROVIDE CONTRACTED SERVICES AND/OR MEANS OF RESOLVING CUSTOMER ISSUES.

UConn has the contract with SNY and will not want any extensive part of the fan base ticked off by SNY. Organizing and making a united response will increase the impact of any individual's response.

Reaction Score
Again my suggestion is that ALL of you send you issues to the UConn AD and the marketing department. Do it and include complaints about being unable to cancel services in a prorated basis and detail the complete lack of customer support. Attach copies of any email communication. EMPHASIZE THAT YOU ARE ATTEMPTING TO CANCEL BECAUSE OF A FAILURE TO PROVIDE CONTRACTED SERVICES AND/OR MEANS OF RESOLVING CUSTOMER ISSUES.

UConn has the contract with SNY and will not want any extensive part of the fan base ticked off by SNY. Organizing and making a united response will increase the impact of any individual's response.
Agree wholeheartedly, Ice. UConn is the one who should be taking the brunt of the complaints and then addressing the issues with SNY. It was UConn who made the decision on their media partner and it is in their best interests to make sure that SNY is living up to what they promised.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Well, if it is any consolation so far there really hasn't been any pre-game or post-game content that you have missed. The broadcast starts just before tip-off, and then after the game they do a quick interview with Geno, then on to the next non-UConn program. Seems SNY may have misrepresented a lot, not just the streaming service.
I'd wait until we see more state-side games before making a judgment on that. Paradise Jam is a unique event in their schedule and expensive for them to produce. They did quite a lot of coverage before the CofC game. They have Colgate next Wednesday.

Reaction Score
Fair enough, Alex. And a good point about it being outside the US and an expensive and no doubt more technically challenging broadcasting venue.

Reaction Score
If it was across the board problems with the broadcast of all three games from the Paradise Jam, I would be a little more understanding, but the first game came in beautifully, with zero issues.

Reaction Score
Have there been any Geno shows? The extra coverage is the main reason I signed up.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
I should add that, much to my surprise, I was able to add SNY to my Comcast TV package, here in MetroWest Boston. As far as I could tell, looking on-line, etc., it wasn't possible, which is why I subscribed to the streaming package initially.

However, after the first game, in desperation, we called Comcast and were able to talk to a live human being over the phone. We were able to add a sports package that included SNY, and it cost less than I thought it would, so, maybe other folks might be able to, as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom