How to beat Penn State...... | The Boneyard

How to beat Penn State......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Watched Penn State play FDU on BTN today, and Lucas does the same thing each time they get the ball. She runs down to the corner and stands, waiting for a pass and puts up a three point shot. This team seemed to forget she was there. Kelly on her like glue, with her defense and quickness, Lucas will be shut down. As I recall the NCAA tourney game last March 25th vs Penn State, that is exactly what happened. Lucas had 15 points last year vs Uconn. Their ball handling is not great and their press is not great. Uconn, don't make me out to be wrong.........Go Huskies

Reaction Score
Never overlook an opponent, but are you serious? If we play our c game like we did against Maryland, we still win by 20. all that needs to happen is develop through the season and stay healthy and we should be in the final game.

Reaction Score
Never overlook an opponent, but are you serious? If we play our c game like we did against Maryland, we still win by 20. all that needs to happen is develop through the season and stay healthy and we should be in the final game.
I did not say Uconn would not kick their butts, just saying, their whole offense is Lucas shooting threes from the corner, and Kelly will shut that down.............

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Thursday will be a blowout. The MD game we couldnt buy a basket. Yeah with 26 TOs we shouldve beaten MD by 35+ but we couldnt make a basket. We will learn from that. Penn St . The game is over right now. We will shut down Maggie and that will be it. The big game will be Stanford and I am pretty confident now that Geno is out to chop down the Christmas Tree.

What we need to do as a friend of mine had said. Set Picks for our 3 pt shooters and let them bomb away. They hit we open everything up. Because of MD Stanford may have a long nite too.

Reaction Score
Watched Penn State play FDU on BTN today, and Lucas does the same thing each time they get the ball. She runs down to the corner and stands, waiting for a pass and puts up a three point shot. This team seemed to forget she was there. Kelly on her like glue, with her defense and quickness, Lucas will be shut down. As I recall the NCAA tourney game last March 25th vs Penn State, that is exactly what happened. Lucas had 15 points last year vs Uconn. Their ball handling is not great and their press is not great. Uconn, don't make me out to be wrong.........Go Huskies

Maggie's game sounds a lot like some of the recent suggestions we hear for Kaleena...and the ease with which this is neutralized I'm sure is what prompted Kaleena to expand her game...that and some guidance from above...

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Geno stated on WTIC last night that Lucas has developed more ways to score compared to her freshman year. He said she no longer is just a 3pt shooter.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
I am sure that CW has setup some plays specifically to eliminate the chaser on Lucas by using single and double screens with PSU's wide bodies. However, UConn's is very strong at helping and rotation. I see Bentley jacking up 4-5 threes this game, if not more, maybe out of pressure and a low shot clock. Greene has improved down low but she doesn't have the best hands. I have a feeling we eliminate their inside game entirely.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Geno stated on WTIC last night that Lucas has developed more ways to score compared to her freshman year. He said she no longer is just a 3pt shooter.
That is very true. Not all are always successful. Driving the lane she frequently drives into trouble without a plan.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I am sure that CW has setup some plays specifically to eliminate the chaser on Lucas by using single and double screens with PSU's wide bodies. However, UConn's is very strong at helping and rotation. I see Bentley jacking up 4-5 threes this game, if not more, maybe out of pressure and a low shot clock. Greene has improved down low but she doesn't have the best hands. I have a feeling we eliminate their inside game entirely.
Yes, CW does do that with Lucas. PSU does not always execute them well. Half court offense is not their strength.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
That is very true. Not all are always successful. Driving the lane she frequently drives into trouble without a plan.

Is that like up a creek without a paddle? Where's my presents?

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Another thing I would have UConn doing on the offensive end is attacking the post as we usually do early not just in an attempt to establish the inside game but to get Greene in foul trouble which she is prone to and thus force CW to use both the freshman Agee and Waldner or East in the game.

Reaction Score
How to beat Penn State? Simple. Just score one more point than the Nittany Lions do! Too easy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom