How tall is ONO? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

How tall is ONO?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
:eek:Uhm...I'm pretty sure 1 chart is not going to clear up the confusion. At a minimum, suggest we post one in English, one in metric, and another in Canadian.
We need a conversion app. Type in height and get the results in HU (Hartley Units) or DU (Dolson Units)

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
:eek:Uhm...I'm pretty sure 1 chart is not going to clear up the confusion. At a minimum, suggest we post one in English, one in metric, and another in Canadian.
My intent was not to clear up anything. But that would have been an admirable goal. Good people like you think of those things. Me, I was just poking fun! ;)

Bama fan

Reaction Score
Not as tall as this thread. :eek:
Tall is one thing, but deep is even more magical. But thank god Hartley units function in multidimensional space.

Reaction Score
That math is tricky stuff, especially when you add decimal points! Since we have been introduced to Hartley and Dolson Units, there has been considerable confusion on the part of some fans. I suggest the Mods create a pinned conversion chart at the top of the page. It would be similar to the rules and information post. ;)
1 Dolson Unit = 1.13235294 Hartley Units.

That's all you need to know. How hard can that be?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
How tall is ONO?
I honestly don't know so I am going to move on to this next thought:
That picture would make one hell of a recruiting poster, post card, animation, commercial, screen saver, GIF something!

How about this for a UConn recruitment poster: a picture of Geno pointing at the camera like our old Uncle Sam did for those recruitment posters aimed at civilians during WW II, with a picture of all of the former UConn players that have played USA basketball in a USA uniform in the background. The caption under Geno reads: “I want you................................to join our family “ :D

Last edited:

Bama fan

Reaction Score
1 Dolson Unit = 1.13235294 Hartley Units.

That's all you need to know. How hard can that be?
I am a disciple of the school of obscurantism. That was perfect. Perfectly true, logically defensible, and totally useless information. You, sir, have
exceeded all my expectations. This is the kind of information that one can get only in the BoneYard. You have managed to make your point, bolster your reputation for insight, and help no one to further understand the Hartley Dilemma. Kudos to you, our pedal propeller. ;):p:eek:

Reaction Score
Here’s another debatable height pic!

Attachments

• 87B646ED-3D6C-436F-8EA5-5DBDFE8ECFC1.jpeg
    87B646ED-3D6C-436F-8EA5-5DBDFE8ECFC1.jpeg
    875.5 KB · Views: 144
Reaction Score
Maybe half inch shorter than Fowles but clearly taller than Dolson....

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Height is one thing but she also measures up across the shoulders. She
is alot stronger this year.
Very much so. Starting to look like Kiah Stokes!

Reaction Score
People in sports are not the sharpest tools in the shed when it comes to measurables. The NFL still measures speed by running players on a track wearing shorts instead of on a field wearing gear. Really stupid. In basketball players are measured by the tops of their heads instead of their upward reach. Since when do people shoot or block shots with the tops of their heads. I mean reach is relevant but height is not. Stupid- Stupid- Stupid.

How difficult would it be to measure their upward reach? Now there are other mitigating factors that contribute other than reach. Leaping ability ( they do measure that ) and body width for example. The wider the body the farther the defender has to stay away from the offensive player. The farther away from the defender the more reach is negated. This would make width an advantage to the offensive player but a disadvantage to the defense. Now not every factor can be logically measured, but reach instead of height is one that is certainly doable.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
People in sports are not the sharpest tools in the shed when it comes to measurables. The NFL still measures speed by running players on a track wearing shorts instead of on a field wearing gear. Really stupid. In basketball players are measured by the tops of their heads instead of their upward reach. Since when do people shoot or block shots with the tops of their heads. I mean reach is relevant but height is not. Stupid- Stupid- Stupid.

How difficult would it be to measure their upward reach? Now there are other mitigating factors that contribute other than reach. Leaping ability ( they do measure that ) and body width for example. The wider the body the farther the defender has to stay away from the offensive player. The farther away from the defender the more reach is negated. This would make width an advantage to the offensive player but a disadvantage to the defense. Now not every factor can be logically measured, but reach instead of height is one that is certainly doable.

So Fat Albert would be a lock. They do measure vertical leap. So, I agree, why not static upward reach?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
ONO says she's sick of all this preoccupation with her height. She's hard to understand in this video, but she gets her point across!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom