How much per BE tourney win does UConn make? | The Boneyard

How much per BE tourney win does UConn make?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My understanding is that most the money produced by the BE in this year's NCAA will end up in the pockets of UConn, Cinny and USF. So while I don't want a BE team to take home the crown, I would like to see some victories to up our take.

Anyone know the math involved?

Reaction Score
This is a Providence way of thinking. I hope every BE team loses first round.

Reaction Score
Each unit is worth roughly $250,000 paid out for 6 years starting next year. (1.5M)
A team gets a unit for every game they play in with a max. of 5 units per team. With 8 teams in, our new conf. already has earned 2M next year and a total of 12 M over the next 6 years .
Our new conf. already has in the bank for next year 104 credits . Add what is earned this year, say 16 new credits, 120 units or approx. $30M. The new BE will start with zero credits. Next year they will get zero payment and the following year they will get whatever they earn next year divided by ten. It will take a full seven years to get to their full unit payout.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
My understanding is that most the money produced by the BE in this year's NCAA will end up in the pockets of UConn, Cinny and USF. So while I don't want a BE team to take home the crown, I would like to see some victories to up our take.

Anyone know the math involved?

Look....sometimes you have to take your wife out to a nice restaraunt, or on a nice vacation, simply because it is a pleasurable experience, and she is worth it.

It cannot always be about the money, all the time.

So, too, here.

Sure we stand to lose some percentage of our pay-day, if all the deserters get wiped out in the first round of the tournament. We will not maximize out return, for sure.

But it cannot always be about the money, all the time.

Look at is like a pleasurable experience. Oh, and it will definitely be worth it.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Look....sometimes you have to take your wife out to a nice restaraunt, or on a nice vacation, simply because it is a pleasurable experience, and she is worth it.

It cannot always be about the money, all the time.

So, too, here.

Sure we stand to lose some percentage of our pay-day, if all the deserters get wiped out in the first round of the tournament. We will not maximize out return, for sure.

But it cannot always be about the money, all the time.

Look at is like a pleasurable experience. Oh, and it will definitely be worth it.
So it's not about the money booty, it's just about the getting some booty!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom