how many RE recruits remain? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

how many RE recruits remain?

Reaction Score
thx all - my takeaway is that there is very much still talent on the team from the old guard. I am a casual fan and don't know players individually, so have never looked into these details. so, wasn't sure if there'd been a house cleaning of sorts.

Reaction Score
On top of my head, Steven K, Noel Ofori-Nyadu, Caleb Thomas, barely ever played Burns, Nate Carter, Aaron Turner, Clercius, Malik Dixon. Now I will say the 2019-2020 season Edsall did play more of his guys over Diaco kids, especially on defense. You don’t see significant changes on the depth chart till the Wyoming games where spanos did replace a lot of guys
Wait are you saying all those guys you mentioned were passed over or that they played ahead of Disco guys?

Reaction Score
Wait are you saying all those guys you mentioned were passed over or that they played ahead of Disco guys?
Only exception on that list was Caleb Thomas who was a Diaco recruit and got passed over by Lwal Uguak at DT. Hence Thomas transferred. Every other name on that list were recruited by Edsall 2.0 assistants and were passed over by Edsall.

Reaction Score
When RE 2 came back, his new DC (who we thought was terrible) said at the time that on film, the guys Diaco had playing were a level too slow for his defense. The DB's had LB speed, the LB's had DL speed and that they didn't have the guys to run the defense. That is partially why things went off the rails. Not sure why they didn't work a D around the personnel except W and L's didn't matter the first few years.
I believe that defense was a 4-3 defense. Giving the personnel that Diaco had. I’m not sure what type of defense he ran, but my guess was a 4-3. Edsall was stubborn to play with the strengths of what he had and bringing in the 3-3-5 failed miserably.

Reaction Score
I'm a Patriot season ticketholder, so needless to say a big fan. I agree that Belichick doesn't have the same quality of assistants right now, But the ones he has lost were people whom he groomed to become what they were. Much like Parcells did
Belichick is certainly not the genius he’s been made out to be without a solid staff and great QB. Sub .500 career HC without TB. He had me fooled until the last few years.

Reaction Score
On top of my head, Steven K, Noel Ofori-Nyadu, Caleb Thomas, barely ever played Burns, Nate Carter, Aaron Turner, Clercius, Malik Dixon. Now I will say the 2019-2020 season Edsall did play more of his guys over Diaco kids, especially on defense. You don’t see significant changes on the depth chart till the Wyoming games where spanos did replace a lot of guys
Jack Zergiotis was was a hot mess for sure. But if Steve doesn't play at Wagner then there would seem to be validity there. The only criticism of Steven Krajewski from Randy I remember was that he just didn't pull the trigger quick enough. Noel definitely over Niedrowski. Ok with Uguak over Thomas. The other guys, Edsall was here for only two games. Mensah was a 1000 yd rusher in 2018 and 2019. He was going to start the season. I don't think the team was coached much in 2020. Brought in Mazzone for a few games starting with the Army game, Defacto OC, different offense, different players to better fit that offense.

Reaction Score
When RE 2 came back, his new DC (who we thought was terrible) said at the time that on film, the guys Diaco had playing were a level too slow for his defense. The DB's had LB speed, the LB's had DL speed and that they didn't have the guys to run the defense. That is partially why things went off the rails. Not sure why they didn't work a D around the personnel except W and L's didn't matter the first few years.
To be fair, the DC had the top defense in their division by a mile. They were the only team to hold down 2 top teams to something like less than 20 points which where averaging over 30/game. I don't blame the guy for failing, I blame Edsall for hiring a guy with a scheme completely out of the talent level of the entire defense.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom