How long is the UConn - Stanford game contract? | The Boneyard

How long is the UConn - Stanford game contract?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Now that I have the means to travel to some away games - and a family connection in the Palo Alto area - I plan on going to the UConn - Stanford games when they play at Stanford. I would be sorely disappointed if the contract were to end before I have a chance to go.

Anyone know the status of the contract?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Typically they are two year deals for the 'home and home' though I think the last one was 4 years (headed into year 3 I think.) I suspect they will continue renewing the series as it works for both teams - Geno likes the west coast swing and Tara likes at least one east coast swing every year.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Yeah, there's enough respect there and enough benefit to both schools that I don't see the game being discontinued for the foreseeable future.

Reaction Score
They both need a team that can break each other's streaks. It's a great match-up.

Reaction Score
Will probably continue but hard to say as we enter a new era.
AAC means 2 fewer non conference games, and more conference travel.
And more teams interested in playing UConn -- ND, DePaul, etc.

Reaction Score
I truly hope they continue the series. Not that I need an excuse to travel out to see my son...but he will feel less put out if I am coming west for a reason other than just to visit him. Maybe if I offer to pay him some rent to sleep on his couch to defray his crazy rent expense he will be more willing to put up with mom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom