How long does a pair of BBall shoes last? | The Boneyard

How long does a pair of BBall shoes last?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olde Coach

Rip, Olde Coach
Reaction Score
The pedorthist who makes footbeds for Michigan State tells me:

"The big Centers' shoes last two months. They mostly wear just 2 pair in a season.
They run mostly straight ahead and do not do a lot of cutting, or quick stop & starts, and direction changes.

"And the speedy, mobile guards only get 2-3 weeks from a pair of shoes -- because they "burn" so much rubber with high energy stops and starts and direction changes."

"Squeek - Squeek."

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
In the case of the shoes that KML is now wearing, the answer is simple: too damn long!

Donate them to charity!

Reaction Score
My old Chuck Taylor Converses consistently lasted 5 to 6 before needing replacement. Of course, when purchasing one's own shoes, the replacement standard usually meant exposing one's socks.

Reaction Score
And if you're not an AA, don't start, not a 6th man but a ride-the-pine type of player, one pair (and just for looks) will do ya for four years - lol. I, personally, have running shoes, for much longer.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
It's possible that the life expectancy of basketball shoes is directly related to whether or not they are free. :)

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
The suggested limits for running shoes is 300-600 miles depending on the size and weight of the runner. 12 monthes at the outside if you do not run that many miles.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
My old Chuck Taylor Converses consistently lasted 5 to 6 before needing replacement. Of course, when purchasing one's own shoes, the replacement standard usually meant exposing one's socks.
The soles and uppers on my Taylors always outlasted the sides where the uppers were joined to the soles. Especially around the toes. I'd apply that goop stuff and get another 20 or 30 3 on 3 games out of them. By then they smelled so bad I had no choice but to replace them.

Anyone remember PF Flyers? They were the shoe of choice before the Taylors snatched the market.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
PF Flyers and Keds were the sneakers of our dreams -- never wend a pair. My mom said they were for the rich kids. We were stuck with whatever footwear they had at Bradlees, except for our pair of school uniform shoes which my mom would somehow get the guy at the shoe store to cut her a break on. My mom was a pretty large woman. I think Charlie the shoe salesman was afraid of her.

Reaction Score
My very first pair of Cons were received after a good month of begging, cajoling, being a good boy, doing things before I had to be told...In 1964, a pair of Converse All Stars sold for $8.95, an unheard of price for a pair of sneakers at that time. As the blue star faded away, we would fill it in with our 13 cent Bics.

Olde Coach

Rip, Olde Coach
Reaction Score
Hey Olde Coach.... You are soooo Olde Schoole...

They're not "basketball shoes" anymore. They're "Kicks".

Get with the program!
Thanks for the nice pictures.

They look (thru my bifocals) like shoes. And people play basketball in them.

"Basketball shoes" works for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox