"How Did UConn Lose a Game with This Guy?" | The Boneyard

"How Did UConn Lose a Game with This Guy?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We'll be big time...in a matter of time. In some ways, we already are.

Once the stadium is packed from beginning to end, that's when we'll be completely big time.

Reaction Score
As good as he was I still think he did'nt get the credit he deserved in school by the national media! Seem's like he's still improving while most RBs burn out after 3 or 4 yrs !

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
We'll be big time...in a matter of time. In some ways, we already are.

Once the stadium is packed from beginning to end, that's when we'll be completely big time.

Yup, just like ECU. Because the barometer of big time is fans showing up on time and staying till the end.

I guess our basketball team still has a lot of work to do before it's big time.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
As good as he was I still think he did'nt get the credit he deserved in school by the national media! Seem's like he's still improving while most RBs burn out after 3 or 4 yrs !

One of the things helping Donald out is that he hasn't been beaten down.

There's a standard number of carries between college and the NFL and once an RB exceeds that number (I forget the actual number of carries) the performance drop is dramatic.

Donald only had one and a half years at UConn where he had heavy carries and he's hasn't been beaten down in the NFL yet.
His health and perserverance are now an asset as he becomes a free agent. He isn't in the tail end of his career. He can give an NFL team 3-5 more years at his current production level.

Reaction Score
Donald only had one and a half years at UConn where he had heavy carries and he's hasn't been beaten down in the NFL yet.
His health and perserverance are now an asset as he becomes a free agent. He isn't in the tail end of his career. He can give an NFL team 3-5 more years at his current production level.

Exactly -- and this is why I'm hoping that Belichick abandons the RB-by-committee in New England and decides to sign a feature back. He's big, he's strong, he's still got great straight-line speed, and his potential is limitless.

Reaction Score
I loved the way DB ran for UCONN. Plant and north-south with great explosion and acceleration. Excellent top end speed where he could change direction with minimal movement. Truly a terrific back. That he wasn't in NYC that year sitting as a HT finalist shows just what a crock of that award can be.

Reaction Score
One of the things helping Donald out is that he hasn't been beaten down.

There's a standard number of carries between college and the NFL and once an RB exceeds that number (I forget the actual number of carries) the performance drop is dramatic.

I was thinking the exact same thing, plus he is a seasoned vet in basically second year guy's body.

Reaction Score
Yup, just like ECU. Because the barometer of big time is fans showing up on time and staying till the end.

I guess our basketball team still has a lot of work to do before it's big time.

Given ECU's level of scheduling and multiple stadium expansions the last 40 years, it wouldn't hurt.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
I loved the way DB ran for UCONN. Plant and north-south with great explosion and acceleration. Excellent top end speed where he could change direction with minimal movement. Truly a terrific back. That he wasn't in NYC that year sitting as a HT finalist shows just what a crock of that award can be.
Watching DB accelerate through the hole, breaking tackles and still being able to pull away from people, is a thing of beauty. Man do we miss having a back like that!

Reaction Score
Watching DB accelerate through the hole, breaking tackles and still being able to pull away from people, is a thing of beauty. Man do we miss having a back like that!

It's not reasonable to expect that we have a back like DB every season. But, that we migrated so far away from a power running game the last three seasons is a travesty in my mind. Max, while not the talent of a DB, at leasts gives us a north-south back that can take on tacklers. Riding McCombs 25-30 carries a game is insanity.

Reaction Score
I'm pushing for the Colts now since my Giants suck this year....would love to see them take the Pats down in the playoffs!

Next week is quite the matchup of UConn Alums with the Jags heading up to Indy. Brown and Butler will take on Todman and Gratz. Lutrus and Thomas are on the IR list for the Colt also.
...this is prob the biggest # of active UConn guys that will be matched up this year??

Reaction Score
Had to laugh when I saw the thread title. Similar comments after last year's draft when 5 guys got drafted from a 5-7 team that lost to Western Michigan & Temple. But, you know, cupboard bare, train wreck, etc etc.

Reaction Score

For a good laugh, check this out: http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/awards/heisman-2008.html

Which of those players had a better 2008 than Donald?

Reaction Score
Had to laugh when I saw the thread title. Similar comments after last year's draft when 5 guys got drafted from a 5-7 team that lost to Western Michigan & Temple. But, you know, cupboard bare, train wreck, etc etc.

The train wreck that was the 2012 season was epic. Those two idiots looking for "prototypes" while half the senior class was ending up in the NFL. Still frosts my .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom