How did the current players seem? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

How did the current players seem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think that's a good assessment. While the players probably liked Diaco, they had to be frustrated. The incompetence of the offense was epic, stupid in game coaching decisions ( see Navy). Hell, for three years we didn't return a punt. At some point, even if subconsciously, some of these guys had to give up.

I do think there will be some fall out. Edsall's a different breed of cat and some will not like the very direct and pointed dialogue.

At least the players will understand what Randy says.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
The team might need some therapy dogs once Randy tells it like it is. No more love-in, and that is good. Like to see a bit of anger in Huskies football again.

It's time to man up.

Of course that's easy for me to say with my feet propped up, big screen TV, watching bowls, with a cold beer in my hand.

Reaction Score
Agree with this. Luke does not have the lateral speed to be a LB.

Who is Stape?

Agreed ! Luke is definitely a DE. Stapleton as a OLB and Luke as a DE is a good start to the D assuming Edsall goes to a 4-3.

Reaction Score
I know a couple guys on offense who couldn't be happier he's gone
I don't think most are asking how they feel that Diaco is gone, but rather, how do they feel about Edsall being their head coach.

Reaction Score
I wonder if a lot of players will pack their bags when they start living under HCRE disciplined style? Lot's of MD players were unhappy when he first arrived.

Reaction Score
I wonder if a lot of players will pack their bags when they start living under HCRE disciplined style? Lot's of MD players were unhappy when he first arrived.
There is a difference...Diaco had a LOT of rules for these kids. I don't think there will be much of a culture shock except for maybe getting a boot in the a* instead of always getting hugged. At MD he arrived to a situation that Diaco came to here...total chaos reigned..inmates ruled the asylum!

Reaction Score

What FDNY said. Ralph Friedgen's instilled no discipline on his players. Enter Randy and there were problems. FHCBD had rules and I think most kids will adjust to Coach Edsalls tougher style. But no question there will be attrition.

Reaction Score
What FDNY said. Ralph Friedgen's instilled no discipline on his players. Enter Randy and there were problems. FHCBD had rules and I think most kids will adjust to Coach Edsalls tougher style. But no question there will be attrition.
IMO , the attrition will come from an upbeat competition for playing time as recruiting changes and players are coached up. Not discipline !!!
Seems to be a great group of Husky student athletes as people go... pretty solid citizens. Diaco did not go after bad citizens.
Will be most interesting, especially at QB .

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Anyone get a read on either of these tweets from DW?

Can't tell if he's hinting at something or it's nothing.....

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I remember some comment by Diaco shortly after burning DW's redshirt. He said something along the lines of it being easier for RE to transfer if he still had an available redshirt. At the time I thought perhaps BD was going to hold the QB over the AD's head, basically saying "if you fire me the QB goes too".

If RE wants to stay, great. If he wants to move on, we'll get over it and it would be preferable for it to happen now than this summer.

Reaction Score

I take them to mean he is gonna go to work to improve his game...that it doesn't get better just by hoping it will.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score

Trying to transfer? I wouldn't care if it weren't for the fact that we have no QB depth

Reaction Score
Time stamp on second tweet may have something to do with it. Looks like he was at the end of his New Year's Eve celebration. (hope it was at the end)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom