How can we be Big Time when the Athletic Dept thinks small | The Boneyard

How can we be Big Time when the Athletic Dept thinks small

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Our Athletic Department has always been about the $$$ and not about the fans. Opening the gates at 4:00 for today's game is the ultimate in small time thinking. My daughter went to Auburn for Grad school. The RV's would start to roll into campus on Wednesdays. There were no Friday classes during the fall semester as not to interfere with the Saturday games. People would set up next to buildings on campus even plugging into the buildings for power. Could you ever imagine that being allowed in Storrs?

What our AD doesn't seem to realize is that football is more than just the game. It's about the whole experience for fans to come together and the tailgating is an important part of that. Opening the gates 3 hours before the game and rushing everyone out after the games is ridiculous. They had a chance today to show their commitment to moving into the big time, once again the small time mentality prevailed.

Reaction Score
Not only is there nothing new there, but there is nothing to be done about it. Those are the terms on which the land was given to us.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Unfortunately it's not up to the AD, the school president or even the Governor, this goes back to agreements made when Pratt/UTC donated the land to the state. If I'm not mistaken UTC, the CRDA (regional development authority), UConn and East Hartford were all involved in working out the agreements. UConn doesn't have the authority to unilaterally change tailgating policies to allow RV's in the night before, or tailgating before 4 hours. Now, would it be nice if UConn could negotiate a one-time exception, or other changes to the agreement? Yeah, it would be, but this is local politics. Maybe the Boneyard should see if any of its members can run for EH town council or get appointed to the CRDA.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately it's not up to the AD, the school president or even the Governor, this goes back to agreements made when Pratt/UTC donated the land to the state. If I'm not mistaken UTC, the CRDA (regional development authority), UConn and East Hartford were all involved in working out the agreements. UConn doesn't have the authority to unilaterally change tailgating policies to allow RV's in the night before, or tailgating before 4 hours. Now, would it be nice if UConn could negotiate a one-time exception, or other changes to the agreement? Yeah, it would be, but this is local politics. Maybe the Boneyard should see if any of its members can run for EH town council or get appointed to the CRDA.

I understand there were agreements made. However for a 7:30 or 8:00 game on a Saturday, I see no harm in opening the gates at noon. Otherwise they can have their 4 hour requirement.

Reaction Score
All I can say is AAC. If anyone thinks this is big time, Your out of your mind. The hiring of PP = disaster. And this has proven to be so true.
The Rent is a joke. Again big time -------- no way

Reaction Score
One day. Can't this be the one day we can avoid threads like this. Good grief.
You're right, shouldn't have posted today, just years of CR and PP bubbling to the surface realizing what could be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom