How big will the class be | The Boneyard

How big will the class be

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I am thinking 25. I get a sense this is the year the staff has several honest conversations with kids about their ability to ever see the field. I think T Buck was the first of many to announce they are moving down to FCS for a shot at PT

Reaction Score
I have 66 returning scholarship players at the moment. That assumes Jerome Junior (count on it) and Jimmy Bennett (who knows) come back. It's not counting Cole Wagner (because he wasn't originally a recruited player) and it doesn't count Teddy Jennings (still don't see why the NCAA will give him a 6th year). And it doesn't count anyone, like Hansson, not on our roster at the end of this season.

Obviously, there will be attrition from that. Both players who were RS Jrs. and won't come back for a 5th year for lack of playing time or other reasons, younger players who don't see their way to the two deep and those who run into scholastic or disciplinary issues.

If we don't end up with 25 or 27 (because those who show up for spring are in addition to the 25), we will end up very close to that number. Certainly not less than 22 or 23.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I have 66 returning scholarship players at the moment. That assumes Jerome Junior (count on it) and Jimmy Bennett (who knows) come back. It's not counting Cole Wagner (because he wasn't originally a recruited player) and it doesn't count Teddy Jennings (still don't see why the NCAA will give him a 6th year). And it doesn't count anyone, like Hansson, not on our roster at the end of this season.

Obviously, there will be attrition from that. Both players who were RS Jrs. and won't come back for a 5th year for lack of playing time or other reasons, younger players who don't see their way to the two deep and those who run into scholastic or disciplinary issues.

If we don't end up with 25 or 27 (because those who show up for spring are in addition to the 25), we will end up very close to that number. Certainly not less than 22 or 23.

Am I to take it from your post that you don't think Jesse Joseph will be able to get a medical redshirt? Or is it an oversight? Was there any info yet on that situation?

Reaction Score
Am I to take it from your post that you don't think Jesse Joseph will be able to get a medical redshirt? Or is it an oversight? Was there any info yet on that situation?

I screw up the JJs all the damn time. I'll be glad when we're done with this.

I meant Jesse Joseph the DE from Quebec, not jerome Junior the departed Safety from Maryland.

Sorry.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i had this class at 25 before the two local kids during the season both left. i predict we fill 4 or 5 jan kid slots so 25 may be on the light side now.

Reaction Score
i had this class at 25 before the two local kids during the season both left. i predict we fill 4 or 5 jan kid slots so 25 may be on the light side now.

I saw the report about Tebucky leaving today, but who else has left or is rumored to be leaving?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom