Houston | The Boneyard

Houston

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We should offer Houston a spot in the Big East while they are still undefeated...

I think we should invite the academies, Houston, SMU, Memphis, UCF, Temple and maybe ECU. We should then create a conference marketing and PR department funded by a percentage of revenues to establish the brand, promote the strengths of the conference and ruffle some feathers.

SMU and Houston add good markets and potential to become good teams quickly. UCF and Memphis do the same. Memphis is a necessary evil, they add basketball strength and FedEx money and support. They are a sleeping giant. UCF is just a strong add in every way given the options.

Temple adds Philly, is improving and makes sense.

The service academies protect the BCS bid and are a decent national draw.

ECU is a giant killer...and we need to start killing giants.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
At this point Houston and SMU should be no-brainers. Unfortunately there appear to be n-brains leading this expansion.

Houston should have been in play from the second TCU accepted but for reasons beyond anything I can fathom (one rumor was that PC was still pissed at Houston over hoops recruit Joe Young but if our leadership is really that petty we've got far bigger problems than we've imagined) and SMU should have been placed on call the second TCU received a B-12 offer.

Reaction Score
Big East still really needs to get into TX in my opinion. Houston and SMU get us into Dallas and Houston. I think the service academies are the number 1 step followed by Houston, SMU, and UCF. Temple, ECU, and Memphis deserve consideration after that. Football only membership should be offered to Boise State as well after Air Force joins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom