Houston sucks | The Boneyard

Houston sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Amazing what a bad coach can do to a program. Houston was really good just a year ago, and they just got torched tonight by a QB that is universally accepted as lousy. This program is on its way to being 2-10 a year from now.

Reaction Score
Cripes... It's his first year as head coach and they only returned 12 players from last year (5 on offense and 4 of them o-line). They had Case Keenum for the past 4+ years and have a new QB. You're brutal.

Reaction Score
Not to mention their top 3 wrs from last yr r gone as well. And also June Jones is known for putting up huge offensive numbers no matter who the qb is.

Reaction Score
As long as UConn's record is as dismal as currently, I feel uncomfortable about commenting on the records of future conference mates (except Memphis, since they haven't been competitive for close to a decade).

Reaction Score
As long as UConn's record is as dismal as currently, I feel uncomfortable about commenting on the records of future conference mates (except Memphis, since they haven't been competitive for close to a decade).

Oh yeah? They did get a new scoreboard this season. So there!

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Maybe the Big East should reconsider the strategy of inviting whoever is good at that moment when looking to invite teams...

Reaction Score
Oh yeah? They did get a new scoreboard this season. So there!
I'd be willing to bet that the expansion of the Rent to 55,000 will occur before Memphis fields a team with a winning record.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Not to mention their top 3 wrs from last yr r gone as well. And also June Jones is known for putting up huge offensive numbers no matter who the qb is.

June Jones is an offensive genius, but his QB sucks and he hasn't been able to do anything against a team with a pulse this year. SMU put up 72 points last night!!! 72 points. That is the equivalent of our offense getting shut out and generating 70 yards of offense against a terrible defense like say...Houston.

72 freaking points from a stiff like Gilbert. UConn has scored 65 points in the last 4 games.

When a team is getting lit up against anyone they play in the top 100, like Houston is, it is a sign that the team is not even trying. They probably have as much 3* talent as we do, and they were really good a year ago.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Cripes... It's his first year as head coach and they only returned 12 players from last year (5 on offense and 4 of them o-line). They had Case Keenum for the past 4+ years and have a new QB. You're brutal.

SMU returned 3 or 4 starters on offense, and Houston gave up 72 points to them.

Reaction Score
SMU returned 3 or 4 starters on offense, and Houston gave up 72 points to them.

The returning starters were the QB, league leading rusher and the wide receivers.

So Kevin Sumlin leaves, they hire in-house, he's thin with returning starters and after only 7 games he's labled a "bad coach"? You're out of touch w/ reality dude...

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The returning starters were the QB, league leading rusher and the wide receivers.

So Kevin Sumlin leaves, they hire in-house, he's thin with returning starters and after only 7 games he's labled a "bad coach"? You're out of touch w/ reality dude...

Gilbert is new. And he sucks. 72 points is an embarrassment. How is anyone defending giving up 72 points to SMU?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

12 returning starters is not terrible. Either Sumlin's recruiting has been awful, or the new coach sucks.

Reaction Score
I watched Texas last week and I think they would give up maybe 50...not sure anyone in that state plays defense this year.

Reaction Score
Gilbert is new. And he sucks. 72 points is an embarrassment. How is anyone defending giving up 72 points to SMU?

Nice try spuds... No where did I say the team was good, I just said you can't make the leap 7 games in that the coach is bad and ruining the program. Gilbert may be new to SMU but has played in the Big 12 and in a BCS game already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom