Houston coach believes UConn's Tim Boyle is well suited to have success | The Boneyard

Houston coach believes UConn's Tim Boyle is well suited to have success

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Fuller on fire lately w/ content.

http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com/2013/10/playing-true-freshman-quarterbacks.html

>>Considering that Houston true freshman John O'Korn (the high school teammate of UConn freshman OL Kyle Schafenacker) ranks third in the American Athletic Conference in passing efficiency and fifth in passing yards per game, I asked Cougars' coach Tony Levine about the challenges that go with starting a true freshman at quarterback on today's AAC conference call.

"He was a real outstanding high school player and he really reminds me of John," Levine said. "I think he was very mature as a high school senior, certainly very talented. When you look at what we did with John’s development and how our schedule played out, we were able to play him basically a half in our opening game against Southern. We went up in game two and unfortunately lost our starter due to injury and because of the experience we gave John the week prior he was able to go in, be successful and slowly develop. I like how Coach Weist is now making the progression to Tim and gave him another month or five/six weeks to develop, learn their system and adjust to the speed of the game.<<

Reaction Score
It doesn't say much for Steve Adazzio that he kicked Boyle to the curb because he doesn't fit his system, in that regard Adazzio is no better than P. The best coaches can adjust to their players skill set.

BC fans will be watching Boyle the way we are watching Nebrich now, hopefully this one turns in our favor.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
It doesn't say much for Steve Adazzio that he kicked Boyle to the curb because he doesn't fit his system, in that regard Adazzio is no better than P. The best coaches can adjust to their players skill set.

BC fans will be watching Boyle the way we are watching Nebrich now, hopefully this one turns in our favor.

Actually Boyle left BC because of the offense style Addazio will be running their, not the other way around

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score

I didn't know BC had those.

Reaction Score
Actually Boyle left BC because of the offense style Addazio will be running their, not the other way around

Thanks for the correction. Adazzio still failed to sell Boyle on his ability to adapt his offense to Boyle's skill set.

The domino effect that took place here is amazing, if Adazzio doesn't get hired at BC Lagow would probably be starting for us Saturday.

Reaction Score

Be careful here. Boyle has not thrown pass one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom