House of Cards | The Boneyard

House of Cards

Reaction Score
A Netflix original with Kevin Spacey -streaming. Great political twist. Watched 5 episodes so far. Pretty good.

Worth a look.

Reaction Score
Put it on Cesspool because of the politics.. Spacey a congressman.

Reaction Score
One last thing then I will be quiet. If you want a lesson on why Govt can't/won't cut spending watch this. I thought that it would be just another soap. I am sure that that it is a little over the top in spots, but you will get the drift.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Nika Brezinski from Morning Joe should sue Robin Wright for hairstyle infringement!

I finished season 1 while snowbound... looking forward to season 2. I thought Underwood's plotting and scheming was a bit over the top sure... but it's a fictional drama. Nonetheless the show did relate to some truths about the revolving door between congressional staffs and lobbyists, how constituencies get maligned and/or made irrelevant even by congressmen who came into the job thinking they'd represent the people in their district. Although they show some of how the news cycle works I thought they went too easy on the media (both con and lib).

If it were really realistic, half of every episode would be Underwood and Russo making fundraising calls to donors for their campaigns and the DCCC. But that'd be boring TV.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom