Hospital Tower Ushers In New Era At UConn Health | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hospital Tower Ushers In New Era At UConn Health

Status
Not open for further replies.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Umm, get a clue genius. This is insulting if you ask me to private workers funding this BS.

Study: Government Workers Make 78 Percent More Than Private Sector

Good try kid. Federal gov =/= CT state workers. Read your sources before you present them.

http://www.ct.gov/opm/lib/opm/finan...-_state_and_private_employee_compensation.pdf

State workers in 2008 only made 10% more in monetary compensation than private sector employers. There is no directional information, therefore there is no way say what direction this gap is going.

Reaction Score
They don't earn a fraction of private workers. Are you for real, you somehow think a state worker would be a hedge fund manager or Doctor if they chose not to work at the DMV or DOT? Haha, that is funny.

Yeah tell me about it. Those lazy state troopers, firefighters and first responders going out for liquid lunches and living in their mansions.

Man, if I have to watch one more public school teacher drive around in a Mazerrati, I'm going to lose it.

Listen up, Hannity, this hatred that you are spewing towards the men and women who work for our state is misguided and offensive. These are public servants who, for whatever their motivation, have spent their life serving the public good whether you value what they do for a living or not.

These are people who are make a fraction of what their private sector neighbors make and in many cases haven't gotten a raise or COLA adjustment in years.

Connecticut's problems aren't solely due to state worker pensions and healthcare plans and it's completely disingenuous to throw it all at their feet.

Why don't you go take this BS to a Trump rally and just be happy that our state university is seeing the value in investing in hospitals and healthcare delivery?

Oh, probably because you think the doctors and nurses who kill themselves every day saving lives are a bunch of slackers because they happened to be state employees at the UConn Health Center.

Reaction Score
Monetary compensation then factor in pension and healthcare, it's much higher and private sector wages are decreasing, not increasing. And they make more on a 35 hour work week, probably 25% or more less than an average exempt private sector worker. No way to argue it's not a better gig.

Good try kid. Federal gov =/= CT state workers. Read your sources before you present them.

http://www.ct.gov/opm/lib/opm/finan...-_state_and_private_employee_compensation.pdf

State workers in 2008 only made 10% more in monetary compensation than private sector employers. There is no directional information, therefore there is no way say what direction this gap is going.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Monetary compensation then factor in pension and healthcare, it's much higher and private sector wages are decreasing, not increasing. And they make more on a 35 hour work week, probably 25% or more less than an average exempt private sector worker. No way to argue it's not a better gig.

So, now you want to argue which is better? No thanks.

Reaction Score
Salary, benefits and work wise yes.

Probably more than 50% of state workers are office type workers like private sector.

So, now you want to argue which is better? No thanks.

Reaction Score
They don't earn a fraction of private workers. Are you for real, you somehow think a state worker would be a hedge fund manager or Doctor if they chose not to work at the DMV or DOT? Haha, that is funny.

Right, because the only professions that exist in the private sector are doctors and hedge fund managers. There's absolutely no crossover in professions that exist in the public and private sector.

Professionals that work in government make significantly less than their private sector counterparts. That's not an opinion, you can look it up.

Reaction Score
They don't, it was posted already. They make more. Give a couple examples?

Right, because the only professions that exist in the private sector are doctors and hedge fund managers. There's absolutely no crossover in professions that exist in the public and private sector.

Professionals that work in government make significantly less than their private sector counterparts. That's not an opinion, you can look it up.

Reaction Score
Tried and failed? Honestly, that would be so easy. I wish I had thought of that. But at the time never planned or wanted to stay in CT. In hindsight a nice fat pensions, 35 hour work week with 3 hour liquid lunches and free healthcare sounds pretty good. Retire and spend my CT pension dollars in FL or South Carolina. Nice!

You do not have the facts. You keep saying that state employees work a 35 hour work week. According to this report, only 26.7% work a 35 hour work week. Over half of the state employees work a 40 hour work week.

STATE EMPLOYEE WORKWEEK HOURS

Reaction Score
This isn't totally correct. Although earlier retirees did get free healthcare, there are now many variations, depending on date of hire. Most are paying into their pensions, and healthcare is not free for life.

If you are going to start using facts this thread won't be any fun!

Reaction Score
Anyone know if there are plans for any new structuresite with the new downtown campus or just renovating the old building? Financially illogical but I think it'd be sweet to see an addition to the Hartford skyline with a UCONN logo.

Reaction Score
Anyone know if there are plans for any new structuresite with the new downtown campus or just renovating the old building? Financially illogical but I think it'd be sweet to see an addition to the Hartford skyline with a UCONN logo.

Most of it is new construction.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Most of it is new construction.
I'm sure this will offend the sensibilities of someone, but I'd just as soon see "The University of Connecticut" replace "The Hartford Times" on the building. After a month of wailing and handwringing, no one would remember the difference.

upload_2016-5-7_10-4-40.png

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
View attachment 13545

The Hartford Times building is in the front.

Reaction Score
I'm sure this will offend the sensibilities of someone, but I'd just as soon see "The University of Connecticut" replace "The Hartford Times" on the building. After a month of wailing and handwringing, no one would remember the difference.

View attachment 13544

I agree. I generally believe in preserving historic buildings, but in this case I would have demolished the Times building.

Reaction Score
They could easily put a put a University of Connecticut sign over it without damaging the original lettering. The Times building is a bright spot downtown. When Hartford is reborn someday, they'll cherish it. The more old buildings the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom