Horde Tweets from Today's (12/15) Practice | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Horde Tweets from Today's (12/15) Practice

Status
Not open for further replies.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
Kiah Strokes..."Ankle feels fine, I don't see any reason I shouldn't play against Duke." Joanne McCallie..."Oh, no!"

Morgan Tuck... "There has been no swelling in the knee since the surgery, I feel fine, I don't see any reason why I shouldn't play against Duke." Joanne McCallie... "Oh, no, make that a double no!"

KML...the elbow feels good, I'm making shots...I see no reason why I wouldn't play against Duke.... Joanne McCallie... "Oh crap, even the Cameron Crazies can't help us now!"

Joanne in an after-thought..."Wait a minute, now...what did that guy say...that little pipsqueak of a point
guard has found out that she can shoot threes, what's next, someone going to tell me that that Hartley kid
has regained her sophomore All American Status or something like that?"

Last edited:
Reaction Score
“The elbow is feeling good, I’m making shots, and it’s good to be out there with the team again,” Mosqueda-Lewis said. “I think I’m doing fine. I’ve been practicing, I’ve been doing well, so I don’t see a reason why I shouldn’t play.”

The news we've all been waiting to hear: "I'm making shots."

UCAT: in this thread I haven't noticed where she says that, specifically. Might have missed it for sure, but looked at the Adamec blog as well. Did see where Stewart said that about Lewis. Did I miss it?

In one of your other posts in this thread you note that Stewart can do a good job at defending the perimeter. I heartily
agree with that....usually very aggressive in challenging the three. I do think that the team overall has been improving
in that area as well; I think of Dolson in particular....seems like she is putting more into that area lately and going after
the attempt as if she really wants to disrupt it. Very important in my view.

Reaction Score
I see....that seems to be a different link than the one way up top re Carl....seems more detailed. Good news.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I really like having us healthy. I particularly like having KML in the line-up. No one in the country can do what she does.

Reaction Score
Kaleena should start. It's easier to start right after you've warmed up than to sit on the bench and come in. The same should hold true for the second half.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Personally, I'm trying to manage my expectations of both minutes and performance. 1) Long term health is WAY more important than this game and Geno had alluded to this and should be expected to limit minutes. 2) These guys have been away from actual game play for weeks... even if they were perfectly healthy the whole time, I think rust would be expected. Add to that any residual injury effects (KML mentioned some in one of her quotes) and you could definitely see a less than optimal performance.

That said, if either of these guys wants to blow me away with a huge performance, I'm good with that. :)

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Kiah Strokes..."Ankle feels fine, I don't see any reason I shouldn't play against Duke." Joanne McCallie...Elizabeth Williams: "Oh, no!"

:)

dwhoops_1112_uconn_61_duke_45_045.jpg

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Is KML wearing any padding on her elbow? If not, I assume that means they are not concerned about additional impact on the elbow.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Is KML wearing any padding on her elbow? If not, I assume that means they are not concerned about additional impact on the elbow.
Rich Elliot:

Tuck and Mosqueda-Lewis will each play with a brace.

“There’s some (padding), but mainly there’s just a bar that goes right here (on inside of elbow) to make sure that I can’t ascend in. And then I can move it out,’’ Mosqueda-Lewis said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom