Horde Tweets from AAC Media Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

JS

Reaction Score
So far the tweets aren't decisive in resolving the poll thread on the fifth starter. But I'll resolve it anyway.

Debate centered on Nurse or Chong.

Now Geno says one could be the next UConn All-American, and the other has merely been the best player on the floor in practice.

I say best player in practice trumps future All-American for the initial start. And that settles that.

Reaction Score
Loved reading this tweet from Jim Fuller at Media Day........ Saniya Chong has been UConn's best player in first week and half of practice according to Geno Auriemma. ......... You Go Girl!! Keep up the hard work and show everyone how great a teammate you can truly be. You've got all the skills, now continue to nurture that positive mindset.

Last edited:

HGN

Reaction Score
I love the fact that Geno thinks Saniya has been the Best Player since the start of the season ; and thinks that Nurse can be an AA in the near future. It lets me know that regardless if one becomes the anticipated 5th starter that the Huskies are in good shape at the position. And Nurse at about 6'0 , can play the 1 , 2, or the 3.

Nothing was said about how the girls coming back from injury , Gabby and Morgan , are doing. Hopefully something positive gets reported on them.

LETS GO HUSKIES !!

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Jim Fuller @NHRJimFuller · 9m 9 minutes ago
USF coach Jose Fernandez, whose team was picked 2nd in AAC behind UConn said "we will continue to chase the dragon."

I posted in the other thread how USF upgraded its OOC schedule.

I must add that I have always liked this guy, and I hope that his program does well and continues to elevate his team's game.

Reaction Score
I haven't been able to get the replay of the round table - only see "Watch Live" on the AAC site, and it doesn't work. Help?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Some important context for Geno's comment about Kia Nurse (from John A's blog):

"Of all our freshmen, to this point during practice, I would say that Kia has the best shot at becoming our next All-American," Auriemma said.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
"We potentially could be the best team in the country," Auriemma said. "We are not the best team right now."

I suspect in about an hour we'll learn that most (if not all) of the media members of the AP poll disagree.

HGN

Reaction Score
Your coach is quite a comedian :rolleyes:
Yes Triad , he does throw in a little sarcasm here and there. Likes to keep the mood light and friendly. And he can be quite a comedian as you say. But you got to give it to him , he is quite a coach too.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
"We potentially could be the best team in the country," Auriemma said. "We are not the best team right now."

I suspect in about an hour we'll learn that most (if not all) of the media members of the AP poll disagree.
Coach is probably recalling that team he had in Istanbul. Those guys named Maya, Tina, Sue, and Diana are pretty good.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
So far the tweets aren't decisive in resolving the poll thread on the fifth starter. But I'll resolve it anyway.

Debate centered on Nurse or Chong.

Now Geno says one could be the next UConn All-American, and the other has merely been the best player on the floor in practice.

I say best player in practice trumps future All-American for the initial start. And that settles that.
I'm really encouraged about Saniya. If she makes a big sophomore leap, this will truly be a killer team. And Coach knows that Kia Nurse can play too. We have lots of options. :)

Reaction Score
I must add that I have always liked this guy, and I hope that his program does well and continues to elevate his team's game.

I also thought the coach from Memphis, Melissa McFerrin was pretty good. I was looking at their roster and noticed she also recruited a player from Canada. Cheyenne Creighton from Ontario same as Kia Nurse. I wonder if they played against each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom