HoopSeen Top 100 predictions | The Boneyard

HoopSeen Top 100 predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The above referenced came out with a prediction of where Top 100 players would end up for 2017.
Our targets were as follows:
Predicted to UConn
Diallo
Beatty
Bourama Sidibe
Tyler Polley

Predicted Elsewhere
MAL - Providence
Richards - Kentucky
Bamba - Kentucky
Wilkes - UCLA
Nwora - Buffalo
Obiagu - Maryand
Chaudee Brown - Wake
Duval - UCLA
DJ Harvey - Notre Dame
Cody Riley - UCLA
Scruggs - Xavier

Not sure how they figure these but I'd happily take our class they predicted. This is just Top 100.

Reaction Score
If UCLA gets that class in addition to their 2016, they will win the championship

Reaction Score
I'd love to land Hami for sure, but I would like to also get another top 100. Beatty, Sidibe and Polley are all 120+, not that it's awful but I'd rather a MAL or Waters.

Reaction Score
I remember him now. Seems like he's a bit more polished than Amida was at this point. Better hands too.

Reaction Score
I remember him now. Seems like he's a bit more polished than Amida was at this point. Better hands too.

Better than these?
upload_2016-8-31_16-15-24.jpeg

My bad

Reaction Score
Looking a little deeper into this the list is a little strange. They predict Jordan Nwora to Buffalo. Nwora is blowing up and holds some big offers: Verbal Commits
They picked Buffalo because he is from there. He holds offers from UConn, CAL, Xavier, Marquette, Rutgers (whoops never mind), Seton Hall and others. Why would he choose Buffalo?

Reaction Score
Looking a little deeper into this the list is a little strange. They predict Jordan Nwora to Buffalo. Nwora is blowing up and holds some big offers: Verbal Commits
They picked Buffalo because he is from there. He holds offers from UConn, CAL, Xavier, Marquette, Rutgers (whoops never mind), Seton Hall and others. Why would he choose Buffalo?

They also have to MAL going to PC. If I was going to make a bold prediction, I would say he is UConn bound.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
They list Buffalo as his hometown, and didn't venture a guess as to his landing spot:

cQYIrVp.png

Reaction Score
This is a tangent, but I wish we'd jump in Bruno Fernando. He decommitted from SMU, but is a big boy with a well rounded game. I like him more than any center we're recruiting after Richards and Bamba.

Reaction Score
This is a tangent, but I wish we'd jump in Bruno Fernando. He decommitted from SMU, but is a big boy with a well rounded game. I like him more than any center we're recruiting after Richards and Bamba.
Who is even in their class anymore? Kapita is NC State bound. Fernando is taking a post grad year the last I heard. I think I also heard somebody else from their class might decommit. What's their class looking like?

Reaction Score
Until you guys started posting about 2018 players, I hadn't focused on the fact that our 5 open scholarships for 2017 is really 5 open scholarships for 2017 AND 2018 COMBINED. because all our players will have remaining eligibility for 2018. I haven't seen them play yet, but if you want a guaranteed slot for an AJ Reeves or Moses Brown in 2018, it has to play into who we take this year. If we end up with 2-3 good players that are multi yr, (MAL/Polley), then anybody else has to be a 1 and done 5*freshman or 5th yr transfer next spring, or we won't have room for much in 2018.

The list of projections they give in the first post sort of works in that regard with 4 players, with Diallo a possible 1 and done ready or not. BUT, while we are recruiting 2018 players we would only have 1 visible scholly open if you use 4 for 2017. You keep recruiting because the law of averages says something will give, but I imagine it would be challenging. Just food for thought as we amuse ourselves. Whats your preferred strategy based on our potential for 2018 players?

Reaction Score
Until you guys started posting about 2018 players, I hadn't focused on the fact that our 5 open scholarships for 2017 is really 5 open scholarships for 2017 AND 2018 COMBINED. because all our players will have remaining eligibility for 2018. I haven't seen them play yet, but if you want a guaranteed slot for an AJ Reeves or Moses Brown in 2018, it has to play into who we take this year. If we end up with 2-3 good players that are multi yr, (MAL/Polley), then anybody else has to be a 1 and done 5*freshman or 5th yr transfer next spring, or we won't have room for much in 2018.

The list of projections they give in the first post sort of works in that regard with 4 players, with Diallo a possible 1 and done ready or not. BUT, while we are recruiting 2018 players we would only have 1 visible scholly open if you use 4 for 2017. You keep recruiting because the law of averages says something will give, but I imagine it would be challenging. Just food for thought as we amuse ourselves. Whats your preferred strategy based on our potential for 2018 players?
I'm taking 3 guys in next year's class, maybe stretch it to 4 if Diallo commits. So something along the lines of MAL/Polley/Carlton and possibly Diallo.

That would give us at least 2 and most likely 3 (Jalen Adams leaving early for example) for 2018 for something like Reeves, Ayala, Brown or something like that

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Whats your preferred strategy based on our potential for 2018 players?
Get as many quality players as we can, regardless of what it means for 2018 & beyond. One in the hand is worth two in the bush and so on.

Ideally, how about this:
MAL
Hamidou
Polley
Bamba
Carlton

That leaves us with zero visibly open spots for 2018, but my guess is we'd see three guys (Bamba, Hamidou & Jalen) out the door, with the possibility of a fourth (Enoch). I'm fine with that, and my guess is Ollie would be too.

Reaction Score
Get as many quality players as we can, regardless of what it means for 2018 & beyond. One in the hand is worth two in the bush and so on.

Ideally, how about this:
MAL
Hamidou
Polley
Bamba
Carlton

That leaves us with zero visibly open spots for 2018, but my guess is we'd see three guys (Bamba, Hamidou & Jalen) out the door, with the possibility of a fourth (Enoch). I'm fine with that, and my guess is Ollie would be too.
I'd think if we got Bamba and Polley we wouldn't need to have Carlton

Reaction Score
Take him anyway. A big body with good hands who rebounds, and will stick around for a few years? Why wouldn't we want that?
I didn't say we wouldn't want him
necessarily, just that we would have planty of big bodies that year, depth is always great, but I was just saying we wouldn't really need him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom