Hoopfeed: Doty & Twitter remind me of what makes the game special | The Boneyard

Hoopfeed: Doty & Twitter remind me of what makes the game special

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A small thing that made my first media trip to Storrs of the season special. I thought I'd share it with everyone. Special thanks to a girl from Monroe named Taylor.

While I planned on making the trip to Storrs, Conn. for the first media gathering of the 2012-13 Huskies, the excitement of a new season also brought with it that feeling of “what am I really going to talk about after four days of practice with a college kid?”

Then my attitude changed this week, by a tweet. Yes, one single tweet, changed my entire disposition and attitude, and it brought me back to what this is really all about for me.

http://wp.me/pwd9L-5yC

Reaction Score
It was just a regular day at the office, and I was caught totally off guard by the innocence behind that tweet. The fact she
"almost passed out in line" waiting for Caroline's autograph at first night. I remember having to encourage my daughter to go talk to these kids that aren't just kids to people younger than them.

Caroline was clearly flattered and more than happy to answer for Taylor.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Great read - and your reason for following the sport matches my own. It is great to see college athletes (and the pros) that care so much about their fan base and do not take the adoration as a 'right' but something they earn every day. And student athletes that really are students.

LesMis89

Dedicated Lurker
Reaction Score
My daughters had the same reaction when they met Jen R. when they were little. She was very sweet with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom