Honest Question on Big 12 | The Boneyard

Honest Question on Big 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Was listening to radio station in Raleigh, NC---the ECU athletic director was on and stated that ECU has sent in official papers with intent to apply/join the BIG 12..

I haven't heard much of UCONN news down here---have we done the same yet?

Please fill me in...

Thanks

Reaction Score
Officially, the UConn admins won't tell us anything. So, of course they're pitching themselves to the Big 12 but they're not gonna publicize any of this.

EDIT: I don't think you're a regular on here so I'll just warn you and say be prepared for an onslaught of negative comments for asking this question.

Reaction Score
No, we have not. Benedict said he has not had any communication with B12 yet. But he said they (B12) knows who UConn is.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Change the thread title. Dyck move.

Reaction Score
I apologize if I worded this wrong and do not call me a dyck---

This was honest

Reaction Score
I'll change the title, but this came from the AD and it was official

Reaction Score
Dali.jpg

Reaction Score
I am no troll. I grew up in Stratford and graduated UCONN school of Pharmacy, then worked in Bethel for 11 years before transferring to Raleigh.

now on another note, can someone please tell me how to edit the title?

Reaction Score
I am no troll. I grew up in Stratford and graduated UCONN school of Pharmacy, then worked in Bethel for 11 years before transferring to Raleigh.

now on another note, can someone please tell me how to edit the title?

Represent. I lived in Bethel for a few years and have many friends there. You're gonna catch a lot of flack for this and I was about to berate you until I realized you've been a member since 2011.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I'll let Fishy decide if he's a troll but for now can't we just assume he's a noob? Not everyone lives and breathes this stuff each day like we do.

ECU has no chance. They are putting on their public face to say they tried.

UConn has been intentionally quiet, which I think is a better approach than some of the pathetic begging that's been displayed publicly. Don't mistake quietness for inaction - rumor has it that UConn has been pursuing this angle with the B12 - quietly, through back channels - for quite some time.

Still, there are those here that won't believe the sun will come up tomorrow until they see it with their own eyes, and for them nothing is good enough.

Now we wait and see if we can close the deal. This is the home stretch, not the starting line.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I apologize if I worded this wrong and do not call me a dyck---

This was honest

My sincerest apologies for saying you made a dyck move. Even though you did. And even though I didn't call you a dyck personally. Have a sparkling night.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
There is no such thing as sending in "official papers" to a conference.

What ECU has done was let the Big 12 know that they are interested in joining.

It doesn't mean anything.

Reaction Score
I'll let Fishy decide if he's a troll but for now can't we just assume he's a noob? Not everyone lives and breathes this stuff each day like we do.

ECU has no chance. They are putting on their public face to say they tried.

UConn has been intentionally quiet, which I think is a better approach than some of the pathetic begging that's been displayed publicly. Don't mistake quietness for inaction - rumor has it that UConn has been pursuing this angle with the B12 - quietly, through back channels - for quite some time.

Still, there are those here that won't believe the sun will come up tomorrow until they see it with their own eyes, and for them nothing is good enough.

Now we wait and see if we can close the deal. This is the home stretch, not the starting line.

How can someone not peruse through all the threads on here before asking the OP's original question? If he just spent 30 minutes looking at all the other threads, he never asks the question. Just annoying when someone who has been around 5 years starts a thread like this.

Reaction Score
Thanks guys. The sportscaster did call it "official announcement" from AD. But that's neither here nor there. I do like hearing that our AD is being low key and stealth. I am sure their presidents will appreciate that.

Fingers crossed....

Reaction Score
Heard the same story on 610 the fan in Charlotte. They talked about it for 10 min or so. It was annoying.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
ECU also pathetically begged for admission to the Big East while it was still a BCS conference. What do they think, people are stupid enough to believe there's a set of forms like a job application? Name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, employment history, etc.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom