Homeland | The Boneyard

Homeland

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Fonzi is warming up his water skis to make a special appearance on this show.

I couldn't see a way that they could credibly extend the show after the way season 2 ended, and I was correct in my assessment. There is no where to go with this show that matters, because there is no way to credibly bring Brodie or Carrie back into the real world after their actions at the end of Season 2 and the beginning of this season. I like Claire Danes, but she has to dial it way back. She looks like a circus act in most scenes.

Making Mandy Patinkin head of the CIA and then making him kind of a bad guy is completely contrived. Patinkin has a history of bailing on shows when he doesn't like the scripts, so I imagine he has called his agent by now.

The thread of the family recovering from the world finding out their father was a terrorist is mildly interesting, although they kind of skip over most of the interesting stuff to the daughter banging some random guy she met in therapy. The mom always flirted with being a Hallmark Movie 2 dimensional character, and she is probably over the line now.

The only character I care about now is the CIA assassin, and even he is only mildly interesting.

It may be time to order Netflix and start watching breaking bad.

Reaction Score
I'm not happy with the start of season 3 but will be patient........it's too good a story and for 2 seasons one of the best, give it time!

Reaction Score
Great show off to bad start, no doubt.

They have got to get off too much Brody family drama and back to finding terrorists. I like Quinn.

Reaction Score
I can't stand the family stuff although the mom is beautiful. Maybe they need to kill them off soon.
I don't see saul as a long term option as head of CIA.
Quinn is a good character. If the Brody storyline runs its course soon and the writers want to make this a six or seven year show, maybe they kill him off and make this more of a CIA show than a Brody the terrorist show. It would sure be a bold move.
But im not sure they will ever top the first two years regardless. It was two of the best years of TV I've ever seen. Lets give the rest of the season a chance though. They always seem to finish strong.

Reaction Score
I believe Brody will be back next episode.

The constant Dana and Carrie story lines are awful and will not continue (I hope)

Reaction Score
I hope they are only using it as filler but its like they r trying to cram Twilight into a Homeland show. Enough already.

Reaction Score
This show has been on the track to disaster since the middle of season 2, and the start of season 3 has accelerated that pace.

Dana is absolutely the worst character on TV, bar none. She's whiny, obnoxious and unrealistic ... and for some reason, her role has only grown bigger every season. No one watching a show about the CIA wants to watch a teenage soap opera, and no one in their right want wants to watch a freakin' teenage sex scene.

I'm also fed up with the Carrie being crazy storyline. We saw that the end of season 1 and pretty much all season 2 - I thought this season would get back to being about the CIA, but it's gone in the complete other direction.

Quinn needs more airtime, Carrie needs to get her together and Dana needs to get the duckk off the show. Otherwise, Homeland will quickly reach unwatchable territory.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Words don't describe how much I hate this show. I don't know why I can't stop watching it.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Episode 3 was a major improvement...

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
3&4 were huge improvements. Made the first 2 episodes a lot less ridiculous.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Very good ending to season 3. A few things had to be done to keep the show credible for season 4. I will wait a few days until everyone has caught up before discussing it.

Reaction Score
Very good ending to season 3. A few things had to be done to keep the show credible for season 4. I will wait a few days until everyone has caught up before discussing it.

Agreed......can't say much more but spot on!

Reaction Score
After a somewhat shaky start to season 3 first coupla episodes ---- I never want to see Brody's annoying whiny daughter again --- it turned out to be another great season. As good as TV gets....

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
I have a feeling you'll still see Brody's daughter...

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I thought the finale was flat, too much back story fill in. I do think they wiggled out of the corner they were in though. Places to go next season.

Reaction Score
I thought the finale was flat, too much back story fill in. I do think they wiggled out of the corner they were in though. Places to go next season.

It was very good but not much can compare to the season enders on season 1 and season 2 which were both about as great as any season ender can ever be.

This season ender had more of the feeling of a series finale than a season ender....I liked it though. I hope they get Quinn very much in the mix next year---like his character alot.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
It was very good but not much can compare to the season enders on season 1 and season 2 which were both about as great as any season ender can ever be.

This season ender had more of the feeling of a series finale than a season ender....I liked it though. I hope they get Quinn very much in the mix next year---like his character alot.

Spoiler alert below. Don't read if you haven't watched the season finale.

Agreed, as soon as the episode was over I hit the net to make sure they had signed on for a 4th season because I wasn't sure. Patinkin is the whole show for me. I've always thought he's been playing chess while everyone else has been playing checkers and it will ultimately be revealed that he's had an alternative agenda, possibly making him the villain. His connection with Javadi certainly keeps that open and the fact that he's now off into the Sunset means he could be ghost by the time anyone catches on, starting the focus of next season and the series beyond.

I kind of hope that's how it goes. We've all fallen for Saul. He's the classic patriarch. Wise, patient, loyal, protective. To have that turned on its head to make him manipulative, deceitful, and truly evil would be some kind of mid series twist.

Reaction Score
Spoiler alert below. Don't read if you haven't watched the season finale.

Agreed, as soon as the episode was over I hit the net to make sure they had signed on for a 4th season because I wasn't sure. Patinkin is the whole show for me. I've always thought he's been playing chess while everyone else has been playing checkers and it will ultimately be revealed that he's had an alternative agenda, possibly making him the villain. His connection with Javadi certainly keeps that open and the fact that he's now off into the Sunset means he could be ghost by the time anyone catches on, starting the focus of next season and the series beyond.

I kind of hope that's how it goes. We've all fallen for Saul. He's the classic patriarch. Wise, patient, loyal, protective. To have that turned on its head to make him manipulative, deceitful, and truly evil would be some kind of mid series twist.

I can see that. I like Saul but would be a great twist if done right. He is a great actor.

I got my wife hooked on the show and she kept asking me "is Saul bad?" for the first season and a half of watching the repeats...

Reaction Score

Me thinks like you Quinn is going to be a huge player in the next season.......and I would like that. Think he and Cary end up more than co-workers too!

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I think the season ending episode was much cleaner than the last 2 seasons. I really struggled to see how they could credibly come back from the way last season ended, and even now the viewers had to make some leaps of logic to get to the season's end. Next season can start off on a much more even keel, without having to clean up the mess from the prior season like they were doing the first 3 episodes of this season.

Javadi is the best villain the show has had. Smoking his ex-wife the minute he realized he was checkmated was brilliant. He had to do it immediately, and he knew that Saul wouldn't be able to do anything about it. A show like this is only as good as the villain. The Sopranos was excellent and creating credible antagonists for Tony, although one of the minor flaws of the show was that you never really felt that Tony wouldn't win in the end. Big Love was one of my favorite shows until it killed off Roman Grant, at which point the show completely fell apart almost instantly.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
7 episodes into Season 1. The cabin episode has finally upped the momentum. Don't want to read this thread but with Season 4 coming I have to get moving here...

Reaction Score
As soon as they linked Iran to the Langley bombing, the show jumped the shark. Sunni terrorists being backed by Shia Iran is preposterous. And the Carrie pregnancy story line was equally ridiculous.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Powered through 4 episodes of Season 2 last night. Overall not bad.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Off to a good start this season. The key character from the first three seasons is definitely missed, but it was time for him to go. I prefer Quinn as more sociopath trying to feel emotion than a lovesick dork behaving self-destructively.

I like when the protagonist becomes anti-hero, which is what Carrie is becoming.

I am confused on Lockhart. I thought he got fired last season, but am too lazy to look it up.

I really like the actor that plays Sandy. I had hoped for a bigger role for him when i first saw him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom