Homecoming. Mid Term Exams. | The Boneyard

Homecoming. Mid Term Exams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What a strange season so far. Unexpected. Difficult. 3-3 at the half way mark. Just easily could be 1-5 as 6-0. And therein lies the frustration.

Maryland, seems so long ago, and so meaningless. Temple? Holy god - temple? Such an important game for the future of this program. Odd. Should have been West Virginia coming into town, and we'd all be nervous.

Instead, we're nervous about frigging Temple.

These are those cliche times, you all love to read from me. I'll try to keep it to a minimum.

It's character test time as players as coaches. Football mid term exam day.

Are our coaches willing to look at what's happening, and admit that changing something is necessary? Do they have answers to all our questions about finding somethign that works consistently, and sticking with it on offense? Are our players capable of getting on the field and consistently getting a job done? Can our defense and kicking games be even better?

Are we going to save this season, for now, and earn the opportunity to take shot #9 at getting on a roll? Do we have a bread and butter?

I've been peeking at the weather forecast, to plan ahead for the weekend. So far, it looks like it will be a great day for a football game at the stadium. One of those God given beautiful fall days, if the football gods deem us worthy, that for whatever reason, maybe it's just me, but it seems like it' been a really, dreary, gray, wet and raw autumn so far.

I hope that when I unpack the truck on Saturday evening, that I'm in a good mood. Last time I did that in a good mood, was Sunday afternoon almost a month ago now.

No matter what, I will be cheering this program, cheering the players on the field, hoping that those that need to make a change, make it, and those that need to get a job done on the field, get it done, and we get that homecoming day win.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Frustration is confined to play calling and the lack of a running game. Mostly lack of a running game. If that were fixed, the record would be better and even if it weren't, there would be some hope going forward.

At 3-3, with all else the same we wouldn't be having these threads other than bemoaning some tough losses. Except for WMU, that is still unacceptable.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Frustration is confined to play calling and the lack of a running game. Mostly lack of a running game. If that were fixed, the record would be better and even if it weren't, there would be some hope going forward.

At 3-3, with all else the same we wouldn't be having these threads other than bemoaning some tough losses. Except for WMU, that is still unacceptable.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

I agree. I think they've got the pieces to make the running game work up front. We're running a 166 lb tailback, that is not going to make anybody move backward on contact. They've got to find a fullback they can rely on, if that means moving one of the TE's in, or burning one of the frosh redshirts - so be it.

After watching, and painfully rewatching a lot of stuff in the past 24 hours, I think that single position, changes a lot of things in our running game. We can generate big lanes and holes off the right side of our line, with TE's and receivers blocking, but if we can't get a lead block on a LB, the running plays go nowhere. When we do get the blocks out of the backfield, we get big runs off that right side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg
Top Bottom