Holly Rowe Unscripted | The Boneyard

Holly Rowe Unscripted

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I love Holly and she's right, it is a sexist comment, just like all those people who say women's basketball is "boring". It's not boring, it's just a little different than MBB. I want to see women empowered by sports; they don't take a backseat to male athletes.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
... just like all those people who say women's basketball is "boring". It's not boring, it's just a little different than MBB...

Agreed. Yet, as I watch WCBB games not involving the better (top 20?) teams, I can only be impressed by how gawd-awful the quality of play so often is. Lacking any other motivation, I will watch any team or (preferably) teams demonstrating that they know how to play. I like good play. That's what drew me to UConn in the first place. But when WCBB teams that play dreadfully bad basketball then complain of low ticket sales, at some point an honest person has to ask what the hell do they expect?

UConn aside, the last NCAA sweet sixteen provided some really fun games to watch. The Huskies were, of course, several "enjoyment notches" above that yet.

Reaction Score
Nice post Rocky , I hope folks also take note of the other info inside of it. This being the follow up by Geno and that of Karen Aston.

Dan Shaughnessy writing negative of UConn women being bad for the game is simply incompetent journalism. He should wake up and realize if it were not for UConn he would not even recognize the woman's game!

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Agreed. Yet, as I watch WCBB games not involving the better (top 20?) teams, I can only be impressed by how gawd-awful the quality of play so often is. Lacking any other motivation, I will watch any team or (preferably) teams demonstrating that they know how to play. I like good play. That's what drew me to UConn in the first place. But when WCBB teams that play dreadfully bad basketball then complain of low ticket sales, at some point an honest person has to ask what the hell do they expect?

UConn aside, the last NCAA sweet sixteen provided some really fun games to watch. The Huskies were, of course, several "enjoyment notches" above that yet.

This is why we need to empower more girls to take up sports at a young age. There isn't enough depth of talent in WBB for there to be more than 20 or so good teams.

Reaction Score
I love Holly and she's right, it is a sexist comment, just like all those people who say women's basketball is "boring". It's not boring, it's just a little different than MBB. I want to see women empowered by sports; they don't take a backseat to male athletes.
I love Holly as much as any of us; wonderful person and great for the sport.
I don't agree the comment was sexist though. Why do we have to label somebody as sexist or prejudice, etc.; to gain support for our opinions? This is blatant in our society; just witness our recent elections.
I see no evidence that he hates women from his comments inane though they be. Who knows or why should we be judging what's going on in his little brain?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom