Hockey East Preseason Polls | The Boneyard

Hockey East Preseason Polls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hockey East journalists are starting to release their preseason polls for the league. The highest I have seen UConn picked is sixth and the lowest has been tenth. The most popular choice has been eighth or ninth.

I believe the top four will be BC, UMass Lowell, BU, and Providence. In my opinion, the top four are in their own separate tier. Cracking into the top four in this league is very difficult. With York, Quinn, Bazin, and Leaman, the top four are entrenched at the top.

The second tier will probably be Notre Dame, Vermont, New Hampshire, UConn, and Northeastern.

The bottom three teams will be Merrimack, Maine, and UMass.

I will pick UConn to finish 8th ahead of UNH. I would be really disappointed if UConn took a step back this year.

The official writers' preseason poll and coaches' preseason poll will be released on Monday.

Reaction Score
The official Hockey East preseason media poll has been released. UConn is picked to finish 9th. In addition, the preseason Hockey East first team has been released. There are four forwards listed due to a tie.

12 points are given for a first place vote, 11 for second, and so on. First place votes are in parentheses.

HEWBA Preseason Hockey East Poll
1. Boston College (20) 397
2. Boston University (7) 374
3. UMass Lowell (5) 344
4. Providence (2) 328
5. Notre Dame (1) 250
6. Vermont 237
7. Northeastern 217
8. New Hampshire 187
9. Connecticut 142
10. Merrimack 119
11. Maine 87
12. Massachusetts 48

HEWBA Preseason All-Hockey East Team
F – Tyler Kelleher (Jr., New Hampshire)
F – Danny O’Regan (Sr., Boston University)
F – Kevin Roy (Sr., Northeastern)
F – Alex Tuch (So., Boston College)
D – Matt Grzelcyk (Sr., Boston University)
D – Ian McCoshen (Jr., Boston College)
G – Thatcher Demko (Jr., Boston College)

Reaction Score
I think 7 or 8th with home ice in playoffs. I wonder how much that ND #1 cost. It just violates the integrity and trustworthiness of the poll when you see that.

Reaction Score
Jeff Cox not a fan of the Notre Dame first place vote

Jeff Cox‏@JeffCoxSports 15m15 minutes ago

2 thoughts on HEWBA Poll-Whoever voted ND 1 needs to have privilege revoked; imagine telling someone in '99 UNH/Maine in bottom 1/3 of poll?
He's right. There's absolutely no justifiable reason to vote ND #1. Whoever submitted that is an abject fool.

Cox also needs to learn to do math, UNH, #8 of 12, is not in the bottom third.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom