HfD - JUCO | The Boneyard

HfD - JUCO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Dan,

Intersted in whwether JUCO's host the equivalent of a Pro Day on their campus for colleges to come in and evaluate talent? Regardless, interested in any insights you have as to developments at Dean - more kids coming to UConn, players to watch, updates on Sylva and Bryan. Baasically anything on the JUCO front as Rivals is not as up to date there and 24/7 is obviously focused on SEC/B12 hideaways. Thanks,

Reaction Score
i dont have much right now. we shoukd land 3or 4 dean kids in this class but we have what 1 or 2? i dont know much about them having show days in any way. there is no excuse to why we shouldn't have sylva and bryan already committed for next year. sylva is goin got be a top 5 sought after lb nationaly potentially. we if we get on top of our **** the big boys will come thru fast when they come up here to check in on outlow and the big OL in ma and also talk to sylv. this staff will **** themselves. just watch.

Who is saying they don't have Rennick locked up? He was @ UConn this weekend with the rest of the recruits and he remains committed to UConn from all I hear.

Reaction Score
Who is saying they don't have Rennick locked up? He was @ UConn this weekend with the rest of the recruits and he remains committed to UConn from all I hear.

Am I missing something? Presumably Sylva and Bryan aren't signing with anyone until after next (the 2013) season.

Reaction Score
Am I missing something? Presumably Sylva and Bryan aren't signing with anyone until after next (the 2013) season.

You're not missing anything... 2014 recruits by all reports.

Reaction Score
You're not missing anything... 2014 recruits by all reports.

Then I'm not worried that we're "too slow" getting on them. First, for all we (the fans) know they have already been offered and verballed because they just reaffirmed their commitments to the staff when they couldn't qualify. Second, even if not, we're 13 months from their signing day. If P and staff only start pushing hard on their recruitment now, that's fine with me. And if P and staff decide that they are just not worth schollies with two years of eligibility used up before they get to Storrs -- well, I'm fine with that as well.

Reaction Score
i want verbals in the media. thats all guys. i want both of thm as 2014 verbals today. i have explained why in other threads. several reasons...

As I'm sure you know:

1. That is up to the players, and not the coaches, since the school can't say anything.

2. The more publicity you give a verbal, the greater chance the recruit is noticed by some other school that wants in.

Most everything in life has two sides to it.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
As I'm sure you know:

1. That is up to the players, and not the coaches, since the school can't say anything.

2. The more publicity you give a verbal, the greater chance the recruit is noticed by some other school that wants in.

Most everything in life has two sides to it.

we need to offer them. we havn't becuase we are waiting for year 1 academic reports. this is th whole argument u have seen me make elsewhere with bball and here with fball also. the school tightened up TO MUCH with the academic requirments. they should be allowed to verbal and send school stuff later, if they can't get in grades wise then sorry but they knew the risk of the verbal. but were trying to act like yale meanwhile stanford and vandy are laughing at us about it.

ppl are wondering why i am just thru the roof mad right now. its not just coach p or the ko contract. there are literally 50 things that right now need to be changed/done and none of them are. its a dam shame we have fallen off a cliff as a ath dept. it disgusts me to no end. i can't pay $ and watch this happen to something i love.

Reaction Score
we need to offer them. we havn't becuase we are waiting for year 1 academic reports. this is th whole argument u have seen me make elsewhere with bball and here with fball also. the school tightened up TO MUCH with the academic requirments. they should be allowed to verbal and send school stuff later, if they can't get in grades wise then sorry but they knew the risk of the verbal. but were trying to act like ****ing yale meanwhile stanford and vandy are laughing at us about it.

ppl are wondering why i am just thru the roof mad right now. its not just coach p or the ko contract. there are literally 50 things that right now need to be changed/done and none of them are. its a dam shame we have fallen off a cliff as a ath dept. it disgusts me to no end. i can't pay $ and watch this happen to something i love.

O.K. I guess. But there is something to "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me." And publicizing their acceptance and then finding out they are not eligible to accept risks driving away the OL and LB who you would otherwise want to recruit.

While I admire your passion, we all get such a low percentage of the relevant facts about individual recruiting situations that it is really difficult to determine one knows enough to get as angry as you are. At least for me.

Now agree with me before I set my grill up in your room!

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
O.K. I guess. But there is something to "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me." And publicizing their acceptance and then finding out they are not eligible to accept risks driving away the OL and LB who you would otherwise want to recruit.

While I admire your passion, we all get such a low percentage of the relevant facts about individual recruiting situations that it is really difficult to determine one knows enough to get as angry as you are. At least for me.

Now agree with me before I set my grill up in your room!

um, i'll take your grill in my room any day?!?! i dont have a grill so thanks?

Reaction Score
Brad Hoiseth (@BradHoiseth)
11/28/12, 11:18 PM
Dean DT Lance Burlingame was ranked the No. 14 JUCO defensive tackle in the nation on Wednesday by JCGridiron.com. @UConnReport

Gars - note the JCGridiron.com site but it's a pay site.

Reaction Score
If they don't have a JUCO "pro day" like. They should create one. not only for D1 programs but D2,D3,NAIA can benefit from it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom