Here's why the Big 12 needs to expand, and not for the reasons you might think | The Boneyard

Here's why the Big 12 needs to expand, and not for the reasons you might think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Here's why the Big 12 needs to expand, and not for the reasons you might think

>>The last round of major realignment showed how vulnerable other Big 12 schools might be in the event that the Big 12 loses their anchor members. But if the conference expands now, the rest of the schools have a better chance at keeping a power-ish conference together. A league with, say, Baylor, TCU, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech, Kansas State, West Virginia, Iowa State, BYU, Cincinnati and say, Memphis, is still a solid basketball and football conference, a cut above The American and one that should still be able to secure a viable TV contract.

There are no guarantees in another significant realignment scenario. Any move the other half of the conference can make that would help them a solidify a stable future in the event of a nightmare scenario is sound and worth doing, again, even in the event of a short-term financial haircut.<<

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Memphis? Good Lord. Someone's asleep at the CR wheel and that someone is Matt Brown.

Reaction Score
Actually different authors, same web site? An optimist (not here) would think they are trying to steer us to the B1G. Whatever - I feel like I'm floating in the North Atlantic after the Titanic went down and the lifeboat captains are trying to decide who the hell should pick me up. At this point, whichever doesn't concern me. If the Big 12 boat shows up, I not going to say no thanks I am waiting for the B1G boat.

Reaction Score
Actually different authors, same web site? An optimist (not here) would think they are trying to steer us to the B1G. Whatever - I feel like I'm floating in the North Atlantic after the Titanic went down and the lifeboat captains are trying to decide who the hell should pick me up. At this point, whichever doesn't concern me. If the Big 12 boat shows up, I not going to say no thanks I am waiting for the B1G boat.

Yes, sorry that was unclear in my post I meant the same author has written and the site has written multiple times.

Very poor grammar on my end.

Reaction Score
No prob - I shouldn't have used myself as an example in the Titantic reference because many on this board will have mixed feelings - they would opt for the situation where no boat came back for me.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
It's a BYU site!

Yes it is. I take issue with Cincinnati (or Memphis!) > UConn. If geography isn't a major issue and, let's face it, it shouldn't be since teams fly to away games these days, then UConn is #1 and BYU is #2. Then waaaaaaaaaaaaaay down on the list falls Cincinnati, the directional FL schools, Houston and friggin' Memphis.

ElGuapo

What does that mean, in-famous?
Reaction Score

Your last sentence made me think of this.
We get picked up by Big 12 boat only to have it hit a CR iceberg shortly after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom