Here's what's really happening | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Here's what's really happening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Based on the numbers the number of people watching is up - duration is down.

It makes sense the broadcast numbers stay up and cable falls some - I personally think it's just the election combined with the worst Monday Night schedule you can produce.

The Bears played in prime time three straight weeks.

That can derail an entire industry.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
The Bears played in prime time three straight weeks.

That can derail an entire industry.
My wife's a Bears fan and when she saw that she wanted to know who made the schedule and did they really think the Bears would be any good this year that they deserved all those Primetime games in a row. She knew they were going to be terrible well before the season even started. Would love to know who thought they'd be solid on Prime time....

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
BTW do some people really need PARODY stamped on the OP?

It's sort of funny that the parody makes more sense than what it is mocking.

Yes. Some people are dumb.

Reaction Score
Why do Texas and Oklahoma have to stay together? They weren't in the same conference until the SWC merged with the Big 8. They can still play their annual game as out of conference opponents just like the ACC/SEC annual games.

Good question. Here's the oft-stated answer to that frequently posed question: things have changed. More money is at stake on success, and P5 conferences are more competitive than the Big 8 and SWC were.

It's a boardroom perspective. Fans, coaches, players and ADs may not care. School presidents do. Texas and OU are sticking together. I'd be shocked if they didn't.

Reaction Score
Please refresh me when - ing B12 is suppose to decide whether it is expanding, and if so, which schools will be selected.

I thought that he announcements was suppose to come in late September.

It seems like this B12 expansion talk has gone on inexcusably long.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
It was a joke? Meh.

Not a joke but an exercise, I guess. I have absolutely no contacts and just thought out some plausible scenarios and threw them out there. I wasn't trying to anyone but to simply illustrate how someone like flugempire can do it. I have more ideas and was going to play it out a little longer but there is enough noise coming from the twitteratti already so...

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Yeah there was a famous arcade game in the early 1980's called PAC MAN. That was sort of a giveaway. He did throw in that he was busy 'running around eating' to really serve it up...

Are there actually people who need PAC MAN explained? That's the most disturbing thing in the thread.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Are there actually people who need PAC MAN explained? That's the most disturbing thing in the thread.

I might have believed it if it was Mrs PAC MAN. That bow she wore really was hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom