Here's a quiz about Napheesa Collier... 100% is only acceptable score. | The Boneyard

Here's a quiz about Napheesa Collier... 100% is only acceptable score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
Collier Uconn 3.jpeg

1. Which player led UConn in offensive rebounds w/ 83, ahead of Stewie, Tuck, Gabby and KLS? ;)
2. Who was the 2nd leading shot blocker behind Stewie, with more blocks than KLS +Butler + Gabby combined? :cool:
3. What player led UConn in free throw % at 91.7% (44-48)?
4. Who shot 55.9% from inside the 3 point arc on 104 made baskets?
5. While only playing 653 minutes, who scored 258 points, had 197 rebounds, stole 50 balls and blocked 47 shots?
6. Which tough as nails player led the team in personal fouls w/ 63, but never fouled out? :rolleyes:
7. Who is listed at 6'1" and plays under and around the basket w/ all the taller forwards and centers?

Napheesa accomplished all the above as a freshman and apparently with a bum hip. Katie Lou, Kia, Gabby, Natalie and the new freshman deserve all the hype and attention they get this coming season, but Collier is really, really good...and getting better. :)

Go UConn..!!!

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
View attachment 15100

1. Which player led UConn in offensive rebounds w/ 83, ahead of Stewie, Tuck, Gabby and KLS? ;)
2. Who was the 2nd leading shot blocker behind Stewie, with more blocks than KLS +Butler + Gabby combined? :cool:
5. While only playing 653 minutes, who scored 258 points, had 197 rebounds, stole 50 balls and blocked 47 shots?
6. Which tough as nails player led the team in personal fouls w/ 63, but never fouled out? :rolleyes:
7. Who is listed at 6'1" and plays under and around the basket w/ all the taller forwards and centers?

Napheesa accomplished all the above as a freshman and apparently with a bum hip. Katie Lou, Kia, Gabby, Natalie and the new freshman deserve all the hype and attention they get this coming season, but Collier is really, really good...and getting better. :)

Go UConn..!!!
She the new "Mini Morgan".

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
View attachment 15100

Go UConn..!!!

Moriah was my favorite UConn player the last two years. Now that she's gone, I guess I'm going to have to find a new favorite player. Having read this laundry list of Collier's accomplishments, she's looking pretty good right now. The good thing is, you know she will be a starter this season, and she's only going to get better. Her stats the next 3 years should eclipse all of these.

Reaction Score
It's one thing to put up outstandingly efficient stats when you play in the shadow of the best three seniors in wcbb and quite another to do it when your opponents are focusing on you. I'm a huge fan of Samuelson, Collier, Nurse & Williams and I expect them to rise to the challenge but they are going to find it a lot harder against defenses that don't have to deal with MJ MT & BS.

And I will be shocked if Collier isn't starting.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
espnw_dangerfield2_300x300.jpg

One of the more remarkable things was the on/and off court Chemistry and how quickly it developed between Napheesa and Crystal Dangerfield at USA basketball last summer.
Crystal obviously recognizes a good thing when she sees it.

Reaction Score
View attachment 15100

Go UConn..!!!
I fear her only real fear is that we've jinxed her. Sob

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I happened to re-watch the Texas Elite 8 game again. There was one play in that game the reminded me of Stewie's tip-in against Notre Dame, where Madison Cable was accused to undercutting her. In the Texas game, Napheesa cut to the basket and took a pass, got clipped as she was laying it in, made the basket and then the free throw. This was after Geno had hollered at her and Lou in the timeout, apparently telling them that they didn't realize how hard it was to win an Elite 8 game.

I will also be astonished if she doesn't start this year, and play 30 minutes in competitive games if she is healthy. And there will be many more competitive games this year than there were last year.

Reaction Score
View attachment 15100

Go UConn..!!!

Too bad we couldn't see her do her stuff in the Olympics this summer! Too bad about that knee!

Reaction Score
View attachment 15100

Go UConn..!!!
To answer your question: Digging deeply, analyzing the data, evaluation the information above--
the only conclusion possible is----------3 transfers from Duke, the 3 golden girls, Griner, EDD,
Fowles, Sue, DT, Maya and Stewie--one single person could not be that good.

Reaction Score
What? Who is her? Which knee?
Sue--? Certainly not a past season UConn Frosh--there were only 2 ---both simply gorgeous. 2 very Talented Past Frosh. One had a foot issue, the other with a hip--
He must be talking about another team.
However I think you and me had very high hopes for the Woman David wrote about. Can you imagine what the coming year shall be with Napheesa, Katie Lou, Gabby, Natalie, Kia, Chong, and the incoming newbies==they get to practice against some of the best transfers to ever darken Geno's door.

Reaction Score
Moriah was my favorite UConn player the last two years. Now that she's gone, I guess I'm going to have to find a new favorite player. Having read this laundry list of Collier's accomplishments, she's looking pretty good right now. The good thing is, you know she will be a starter this season, and she's only going to get better. Her stats the next 3 years should eclipse all of these.
You couldn't do better than with Napheesa, Katie Lou, Gabby---throw in Chong, Natalie, Kia
with the new Frosh--seems like a winning cocktail!!
After watching her in the USA a year ago--I became a fan .
I know this is sexist and all that--but I don't care: Is there a more gorgeous 6 or 12 WBB players in the country??

Reaction Score
What? Who is her? Which knee?

Sorry. It's been a long off-season. Confused Napheesa with Gabby Williams. Napheesa was a major talent in high school days in the high jump and triple jump, finishing . But it was Gabby Williams who was a threat to make the Olympic team for the high jump in 2012. She then hurt her knee, and has stuck to basketball since. So perhaps Gabby Williams was thinking about what could have been this month while watching the Olympics.

Napheesa was not only a high jumper and triple jumper, but also an excellent high school sprinter, and was on her high school's 4x400 relay team. One of the best in the state in each event.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
And I will be shocked if Collier isn't starting.

Me too. The immediate question that comes to mind is, if not Phee, then who? Phee and Gabby were the first two off the bench last year. Towards the end of the year, when the bench shrank, they were the only two off the bench.

Not certain she'll start this year. Think the only guarantees are Nurse and KLS.

Geno's got 3 starting spots to fill. Gabby and Collier filling two of those spots is a no brainer. Who fills the 5th spot? And if Collier does not start, then who does?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom