Here we go - Selection Monday | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Here we go - Selection Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Gotta say that Lobo got it right..
Hardest regional: Des Moines. For Tennessee to be the 2-seed there (with No. 1 Baylor) after playing really well in the past week or so, that was the one that stuck out to me.
Easiest regional: Kingston. Connecticut's path to a potential Final Four might be the least difficult. Kentucky is probably seen as the fourth No. 2 seed, and Connecticut -- which opens in Bridgeport -- doesn't have to get on an airplane.
Best potential second-round matchup: Top-seeded Baylor against No. 8 seed Ohio State. The consensus on the Buckeyes is that they deserved a better seed.
Team better than its seed: Sticking with 8-seed Ohio State on this one.
Biggest snub: No. 2 seed Duke in Nashville. The Blue Devils were probably expecting to be in Chapel Hill. Instead, they have to potentially play a second-round meeting with Vanderbilt in the Commodores' town.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I've never said Nneka is better than Griner. It would be a great match up, one that I want to see vs. assuming Griner would dominate.

LOL. We have both claimed that our respective players should be POY, thus being the best player in the nation. And that is OK. I respect your passion and appreciation for Nneka's talents. I agree with you that those who do not get to see a player play frequently cannot truly appreciate all of the things that the player does.

This has all been a fun debate about POY. I wish Stanford nothing but the best and hopefully we get to see a great match-up in Denver. It would be a great pleasure to watch Nneka and BG mix it up and I am sure that both will make some players where everyone has to just shake their heads and say "too good."

Reaction Score
LOL. We have both claimed that our respective players should be POY, thus being the best player in the nation. And that is OK. I respect your passion and appreciation for Nneka's talents. I agree with you that those who do not get to see a player play frequently cannot truly appreciate all of the things that the player does.

This has all been a fun debate about POY. I wish Stanford nothing but the best and hopefully we get to see a great match-up in Denver. It would be a great pleasure to watch Nneka and BG mix it up and I am sure that both will make some players where everyone has to just shake their heads and say "too good."

Thanks for the nice post. Nneka and Griner are friends and respect each other a lot. It would be a great game if they met. Good luck to your Lady Bears making it to Denver.

Kait14

Kait the Great
Reaction Score
Hardest regional: Des Moines. For Tennessee to be the 2-seed there (with No. 1 Baylor) after playing really well in the past week or so, that was the one that stuck out to me.
Easiest regional: Kingston. Connecticut's path to a potential Final Four might be the least difficult. Kentucky is probably seen as the fourth No. 2 seed, and Connecticut -- which opens in Bridgeport -- doesn't have to get on an airplane.
Best potential second-round matchup: Top-seeded Baylor against No. 8 seed Ohio State. The consensus on the Buckeyes is that they deserved a better seed.
Biggest snub: No. 2 seed Duke in Nashville. The Blue Devils were probably expecting to be in Chapel Hill. Instead, they have to potentially play a second-round meeting with Vanderbilt in the Commodores' town.

Biggest snub is Green Bay getting a 7 seed, as well as the team better than it's seed

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Not too much better. OSU's post season record is terrible under Foster and they had numerous bad games within the Big Ten. I wouldn't worry much about them. They finished in a four way tie for second place in the B1G with Iowa, Purdue, and Michigan State and lost in the semis of the tournament. That means they were close to fifth place, too. They were 25-6 but not as good as their record losing most of their big games and going 5-5 over their last ten. They only beat Temple 70-66 at home and beat Cal by 2 at Berkeley and lost to 11-19 IL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom