Help How do you Get Stream Using USABB Facebook? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Help How do you Get Stream Using USABB Facebook?

Status
Not open for further replies.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Sue Bird goes about her job so quietly at times that you don't even notice her. Then you look at the box score and she has 8 assists and 5 rebounds, which tied her for most on the team.

Angel was really active and gave the US a spark when they needed it.

Glad to see DT's stroke on her shot looking so smooth. She is just money when she is open, as is Maya, although she had a sub-par day from BTA.

Fowles looked very active, also. She is such an amazing physical specimen with incredible athletic ability. I love watching her move on the court. She kid of reminds me of Venus Williams on the tennis court.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Not sure who else caught it, but Lisa Leslie called BG out and basically said that Parker should have made the team in BG's place. Although she may not be saying that when the US plays the Aussies and nobody else can stop Cambage. And Asjha Jones is not around to save the day this go around.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Not sure who else caught it, but Lisa Leslie called BG out and basically said that Parker should have made the team in BG's place. Although she may not be saying that when the US plays the Aussies and nobody else can stop Cambage. And Asjha Jones is not around to save the day this go around.

I heard Lisa talk about how she thought Parker should be on the team, but I didn't hear her name which player she thought shouldn't be on the team.

It's surprising that she would compare Griner and Parker because we saw in 2012 how Parker (among others) was completely unable to handle Cambage in the first half of that game. Parker has the height but simply lacks the physicality to match up with a world-class physical 5 player on Cambage's level.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
are* Oops!
55661451.jpg

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I heard Lisa talk about how she thought Parker should be on the team, but I didn't hear her name which player she thought shouldn't be on the team.

It's surprising that she would compare Griner and Parker because we saw in 2012 how Parker (among others) was completely unable to handle Cambage in the first half of that game. Parker has the height but simply lacks the physicality to match up with a world-class physical 5 player on Cambage's level.

She said "like BG and a few others."

I agree with paragraph two of your post. BG will most likely be the only player the US has that will be able to match up with Cambabe in single coverage. BG is going to have to watch her hands and arms because she has a tendency to get her arms tangled with the opponent's arms at the waist, resulting in both players aggressively pulling their arms out of that entanglement and the defensive usually gets called for the foul. That has happened to her a lot this year.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
She said "like BG and a few others."

I agree with paragraph two of your post. BG will most likely be the only player the US has that will be able to match up with Cambabe in single coverage. BG is going to have to watch her hands and arms because she has a tendency to get her arms tangled with the opponent's arms at the waist, resulting in both players aggressively pulling their arms out of that entanglement and the defensive usually gets called for the foul. That has happened to her a lot this year.

You're right; I just went back and listened to that part of the broadcast. Well, Lisa hasn't been the only one lately to single out Griner as a/the player they wish Candace would replace, citing her relatively lackluster play thus far in the WNBA season. How fickle they are, because just 3 months ago when the team was announced, most of the Candace devotees were calling for Breanna Stewart to be christened as the World's Most Undeserving Olympian.

I do hope that Griner can regain some of the form that made her one of the standouts in the World Championships two years ago.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
You're right; I just went back and listened to that part of the broadcast. Well, Lisa hasn't been the only one lately to single out Griner as a/the player they wish Candace would replace, citing her relatively lackluster play thus far in the WNBA season. How fickle they are, because just 3 months ago when the team was announced, most of the Candace devotees were calling for Breanna Stewart to be christened as the World's Most Undeserving Olympian.

I do hope that Griner can regain some of the form that made her one of the standouts in the World Championships two years ago.

I wish Charles or Catchings would mentor BG during the Olympics. The US can probably win the Olympics if BG didnt play at all. If that is what it takes to make her play harder and, quite ftankly, take her career more seriously then so be it. At this point Parker would have been a better choice for now but BG will be needed in future Olympics. This is part of the "buliding for the future" process, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom