Helfrich anyone? | The Boneyard

Helfrich anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Sure, as long as he chips in for Diaco's buyout.

Reaction Score
"Helfrich will owed a buyout of about $11.6 million under the terms of his five-year contract, which had been set to run through Jan. 31, 2020."

Wow!

Reaction Score
"Helfrich will owed a buyout of about $11.6 million under the terms of his five-year contract, which had been set to run through Jan. 31, 2020."

Wow!

So he could maybe work on the cheap? Think there's any chance he'd go for an associate head coach/OC type gig?

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score

Wow!
I'd make a deal with him: give him a $15 million buyout but make him pay $5 million for Diaco (net $10 million buyout). It's unlikely he would fail here.

Reaction Score
So he could maybe work on the cheap? Think there's any chance he'd go for an associate head coach/OC type gig?

I think the big buy outs by guys like Helfrich and Strong make it a lot more likely that they wait for a good job where they can be successful. I.E. not here.

Reaction Score
Helfrich knows how to talk to the fans and appreciate his job and money. Diaco doesn't.

Reaction Score
We don't need failed coaches like Helfrich and Strong. We want proven winners at smaller schools wanting to take on the challenge of taking our program to a new level. Find that guy.
Not that Diaco is going anywhere, but right now any UConn fan would give various body parts for a coach to go 37-16. If that's a failure, sign me up!

Reaction Score
We don't need failed coaches like Helfrich and Strong. We want proven winners at smaller schools wanting to take on the challenge of taking our program to a new level. Find that guy.
Agreed. Helfrich just in a realistic option for our program.

Reaction Score
Seriously, what occurred at Oregon this year.... they went 4 & 8..... ??
Was it recruiting etc?

Reaction Score
Seriously, what occurred at Oregon this year.... they went 4 & 8..... ??
Was it recruiting etc?
When Nick Alioti left as DC they took a hit...and when Frost left for UCF they took another hit. Combine that with 2 misses at 5th yr grad transfers at QB and it is a VERY bad mix. I wouldn't be surprised if Phil Knight tries to get Chip to come back. He ha the DEEP pockets to pay off Chip's buyout with the 49ers. UConn football desperately needs a Phil Knight or Kevin Plank...or a Bone Yarder to hit Mega Millions.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
When Nick Alioti left as DC they took a hit...and when Frost left for UCF they took another hit. Combine that with 2 misses at 5th yr grad transfers at QB and it is a VERY bad mix. I wouldn't be surprised if Phil Knight tries to get Chip to come back. He ha the DEEP pockets to pay off Chip's buyout with the 49ers. UConn football desperately needs a Phil Knight or Kevin Plank...or a Bone Harder to hit Mega Millions.
Thanks FD.... had the same thoughts about Chip as well......the 49ers are 1 & 10 (not too mention the Colin Kaepernick publicity) last in NFC West .... don't see a long term situation in san Fran for him but Oregon & Knight have the capital to Kelly happy for the long run.....

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Helfrich didn't deserved to be fired IMO... Diaco deserves to be fired 10 times more than Mark Helfrich ever has, and he still has the job here at UConn- its criminal.

I'd take Helfrich in a second here.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This is the lunacy of college football. Half the games will be won by someone and half will be lost. Always. Bailing on a guy the first time you land on the losing side of that ledger is short-sighted. It's not like there is some miracle coach out there that is better than this guy.

LSU made the same mistake with Les Miles....who never had a losing season. Now they have a HC that isn't as good. Hell their DC would be high on most school's lists for HC.

Reaction Score
No. We need coaches(and assistants) that can recruit a better caliber player to UCONN! And... coach up the ones that are already here. Can Strong or Helfrich along with their assistants do a better job on the recruiting trail? If so then hire them. Getting the same quality player the rest of the conference gets is the first, best step to A) winning the conference, B) getting invited into a P-5 conference. recruiting classes constantly at the bottom of your league get you 5-7, 5-7, 2-10, 6-7, 3-9 records.

Reaction Score
No. We need coaches(and assistants) that can recruit a better caliber player to UCONN! And... coach up the ones that are already here. Can Strong or Helfrich along with their assistants do a better job on the recruiting trail? If so then hire them. Getting the same quality player the rest of the conference gets is the first, best step to A) winning the conference, B) getting invited into a P-5 conference. recruiting classes constantly at the bottom of your league get you 5-7, 5-7, 2-10, 6-7, 3-9 records.
I would agree with coaches who can coach up part . But the team that was here this year was much better than what showed on the field. This was all on the lack of Coaching from most positions. We all agree that Fiasco made a lot of head scratching moves or a lack of moves. What would Mike Foley have done with the bulldozers on this O line. We all had high expectations at the start of camp but the disappointment started in the middle of the Maine game. Too Many WTF moments including the Extension that Fiasco received. Like someone said before me PP would have done ok if he had kept Foley and Weist on the offensive side of the ball. So I guess we can lay our misfortune on the weird relationship between PP and GDL. Both seem to be doing ok since they went their separate ways. New Years Day can't come soon enough for the BY. Based on the post by recruit # 7's Dad, Maybe we should check out Fiasco's house for a for sale sign. I just went to look up that post where his dad said he was de-committing and going to Temple, it has disappeared. Said Fiasco did not return any recent phone calls. Was the post real or posted by a troll and The mystery continues.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34