Heather Buck | The Boneyard

Heather Buck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know her role is largely at the end of games once they have been decided. I just think the Huskies will need to use her against Griner if UCONN makes the Final 4. She has size and most importantly has 5 fouls to burn. It could help out Dolson, Tuck and Stewart in the long run. Additionally, Buck has played well against Griner in the past. Thoughts?

Reaction Score
I know her role is largely at the end of games once they have been decided. I just think the Huskies will need to use her against Griner if UCONN makes the Final 4. She has size and most importantly has 5 fouls to burn. It could help out Dolson, Tuck and Stewart in the long run. Additionally, Buck has played well against Griner in the past. Thoughts?

No. Her time has passed.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
It's a great idea, that has worked well in the past. Unfortunately, Geno won't do it.

Reaction Score
This is my 3000th post. I was hoping to use it for some really profound, thought provoking point. But alas...

Why are we projecting so far into the future when there are games to be played before either UConn or Baylor makes it to that game?

Mojo must be protected...

IF WE GET THAT FAR...Geno only plays Heather if the rest of the bigs get in foul trouble or - God forbid - can't go due to injury. And what is more, I am sure Heather knows this and has no problem with it. She is a team player first and foremost. She will gladly give up any playing time if it puts the team in a better postion to win the whole Easter basket of goodies that includes the National Championship.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
If he is desperate enough to let Mo run the team :), anything is possible.

Reaction Score
Just like the freshman, if she gets in and plays well "look what a genius Geno is by saving Buck for the final game against Griner", if she plays and sucks "look what a genius Geno is by even trying Buck", if she never plays "Geno tried to get Buck ready but she didn't have it".
Dolson couldn't even guard the Vanderbilt girls, Griner will again own her as she is slow, gets slower the more minutes she plays, never jumps on defense.
Playing a hurt Dolson over Kiah says it all, and don't give me the "they earn it in practice" lie, 'cause you won't be able to convience me that Doty pulled a practice disruption act like Lauren and Michala (per Geno's dissing comments about their leaving) between the last regular season ND game and the BE tournament.

Reaction Score
This is my 3000th post. I was hoping to use it for some really profound, thought provoking point. But alas...

Why are we projecting so far into the future when there are games to be played before either UConn or Baylor makes it to that game?

IF WE GET THAT FAR...Geno only plays Heather if the rest of the bigs get in foul trouble or - God forbid - can't go due to injury. And what is more, I am sure Heather knows this and has no problem with it. She is a team player first and foremost. She will gladly give up any playing time if it puts the team in a better postion to win the whole Easter basket of goodies that includes the National Championship.

I'm not jumping the gun. I was making an observation and said "if they make the final 4". What other size do the Huskies have? I also said she could help our our main bigs by using her fouls instead of them. Dolson is limping and any injury like that won't translate well against Griner.

Reaction Score
I'm not jumping the gun. I was making an observation and said "if they make the final 4". What other size do the Huskies have? I also said she could help our our main bigs by using her fouls instead of them. Dolson is limping and any injury like that won't translate well against Griner.
I would use Stokes before Buck.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The Idaho game was a perfect example of why heather plays limited minutes. She's a big, strong 6-5 player that had perfect position in the low post with a 5 foot something player from Idaho, for goodness sakes, and she passes up an easy shot to pass the ballback to a teammate on the perimeter. If she would just go up strong in those instances she'd get more playing time but she simply won't. With the team struggling to score in during the middle part of the season, Heather just played herself out of consideration because she won't try to score.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
The Idaho game was a perfect example of why heather plays limited minutes. She's a big, strong 6-5 player that had perfect position in the low post with a 5 foot something player from Idaho, for goodness sakes, and she passes up an easy shot to pass the ballback to a teammate on the perimeter. If she would just go up strong in those instances she'd get more playing time but she simply won't. With the team struggling to score in during the middle part of the season, Heather just played herself out of consideration because she won't try to score.
It's unfortunate because you look at the kid and think she has all the tools - size, strength, speed for a big girl, but in her head, her only role is to set screens, and pass the ball out of the low block whenever she gets it. And of course rebound. I wonder why she never saw herself as more of a scoring threat, because all us armchair coaches seem to see that potential. Of course, she's a great teammate and a really nice kid, but it's hard for me to understand why she didn't see herself as more, from a hoops perspective...

Reaction Score
As usual, the time she was in was when they were milking clock, hence the normal passes out to reset the offense. After 5 years it's pointless to argue why she doesn't seem to want to do more, but the one thing she can do is muscle BG. She played her decently in the past, so I have no idea why Geno is so adverse to playing her again.

Reaction Score

Mojo is rubbish!

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Just like the freshman, if she gets in and plays well "look what a genius Geno is by saving Buck for the final game against Griner", if she plays and sucks "look what a genius Geno is by even trying Buck", if she never plays "Geno tried to get Buck ready but she didn't have it".
Dolson couldn't even guard the Vanderbilt girls, Griner will again own her as she is slow, gets slower the more minutes she plays, never jumps on defense.
Playing a hurt Dolson over Kiah says it all, and don't give me the "they earn it in practice" lie, 'cause you won't be able to convience me that Doty pulled a practice disruption act like Lauren and Michala (per Geno's dissing comments about their leaving) between the last regular season ND game and the BE tournament.

SO glad you're a fan. Wish you were the coach.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
The chance of Buck having an impact on this version of BG is highly unlikely. BG is playing on a level that she never demonstrated before. She is WNBA ready and no college player is going to have any impact whatsoever.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
The chance of Buck having an impact on this version of BG is highly unlikely. BG is playing on a level that she never demonstrated before. She is WNBA ready and no college player is going to have any impact whatsoever.
you got that right... post of the day :p

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Heather's play against Griner would accomplish exactly what she has done to date. Deny Griner her place on the floor. Wear Griner down because of Heather's great strength. Frustrate the heck out of Griner because that type of play wears on her. See how Stef frustrated Griner leading to the two throw downs. Heather has twice played Griner tough.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
but the one thing she can do is muscle BG uconnfan68,

Won't have to worry about that much, this fine Monday morn.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
sonny44 said:
Mojo is rubbish!

Any other foolish comments sonny44??? Hmmmm??? :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01