Hearing that several Louisville recruits are decommitting | The Boneyard

Hearing that several Louisville recruits are decommitting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Let's get on em Coach!

Would love to get in and steal some talent from kids that want to stay on the EC. Anyone hear know anything about potential targets?

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
Chris Nelson and Poona Ford decommited. Both DTs.

Reaction Score
Let's get on em Coach!

Would love to get in and steal some talent from kids that want to stay on the EC. Anyone hear know anything about potential targets?

Here's what I could find... While UConn is not mentioned specifically, one just never knows.

Four-star defensive tackle Poona Ford, who was the University of Louisville football team’s highest-ranked commitment under coach Charlie Strong, according to 247Sports.com and ESPN.com, has withdrawn his pledge to the Cardinals and will now visit three other schools (Texas, Oregon and Missouri).

Within minutes of a report published Wednesday by Yahoo! Sports that the University of Louisville was set to hire Bobby Petrino as its football coach, three-star Fort Lauderdale, Fla., wide receiver George Rushing posted on Twitter that he’s withdrawing his commitment from the Cardinals. ...already scheduled three other official trips — to Wisconsin on Jan. 17, LSU on Jan. 24 and TCU on Jan. 29 — for “insurance purposes.”

Rushing is the third Florida high school player to withdraw a commitment from U of L since Strong’s departure, joining wide receiver Isaiah Ford and offensive lineman Kavaris Harkless, who are four-star teammates from Jacksonville’s Trinity Christian Academy.

University of Florida offensive guard Ian Silberman, who planned to transfer to U of L at the midyear break, also has reopened his recruitment.

http://www.courier-journal.com/arti...commits-from-Louisville-now-eyes-Texas-others

http://www.courier-journal.com/arti...hdraws-commitment-Louisville-football-program

Reaction Score
Who cares? They're not decomitting because they signed on to the play in the AAC.

Reaction Score
Even though Chris Nelson was offered by both UConn and UVA, with Vincent Brown as the recruiter no less, it appears from this Texas board quote that Nelson is all set to commit to the 'Horns.

Quotes from DT Chris Nelson of Lakeland, FL (24/7):

“I reached out to him (Strong),” said Nelson. “I wanted to see what he could do for me so I called Coach Strong and he asked if I would like to follow him to Texas. He wanted to know if my parents thought they would mind that."
“I’m going to talk that over with them later tonight and go from there,” he added. “I like where this is going.”

“He (Strong) offered me right then when I told him I would be interested,” Nelson told Horns247. “I have an offer from Texas now and will be taking an official visit to there later this month, on the 24th.”“I’m ready to go see what Texas has to offer,” he said. “This is something I’m very interested in and I’m very interested in Texas."
“If Texas is as good as everyone says it is, I’m pretty sure I will go ahead and commit to them,” he added. “I’ll switch my commitment.”

http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/showthread.php/114661-Texas-recruiting-notes-2014-edition/page90

Reaction Score
UL just snagged the GA defensive coordinator for $1 mill a year for 5 years. UL ain't f'ng around.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
UL just snagged the GA defensive coordinator for $1 mill a year for 5 years. UL ain't f'ng around.

I don't think anyone in UGA land is shedding a tear. Much like with Lakatos leaving most Georgia fans blame the defense for screwing up in GAs losses the past few years.

Reaction Score
I don't think anyone in UGA land is shedding a tear. Much like with Lakatos leaving most Georgia fans blame the defense for screwing up in GAs losses the past few years.

You may be right, though one loss was on a freak catch. But what's really amazing is paying a guy $1 mill as a defensive coordinator in the ACC. UL is going all in.

Reaction Score
You may be right, though one loss was on a freak catch. But what's really amazing is paying a guy $1 mill as a defensive coordinator in the ACC. UL is going all in.
If we get an invite into a P5, conference I hope we go all in as well. I mean if you're paying millions anyways, why not aim for the top of the food chain.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

They need to, because losing Strong (and Bridgewater) is going to knock them down from their current place. Losing big recruits will make that pain last even longer. It really highlights the short-term thinking that went into the ACC's UL decision. Strong and Bridgewater gave them a temporary boost in image.

Reaction Score
HuskyHawk said:
They need to, because losing Strong (and Bridgewater) is going to knock them down from their current place. Losing big recruits will make that pain last even longer. It really highlights the short-term thinking that went into the ACC's UL decision. Strong and Bridgewater gave them a temporary boost in image.
Agreed! It seems as if all of Jurich's recent moves are an attempt to preserve Louisville's standing in the college football world. Within that line of thinking is an attempt to "prove" to the ACC that Louisville wasn't a flash in the pan when they were selected either. Jurich's willing to appoint "anyone" and spend any amount he needs to, in order to be viewed as a successful football program....at least on the field that is. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom