Heard Des this afternoon on Dibble and Nannos | The Boneyard

Heard Des this afternoon on Dibble and Nannos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Des did a really good job and you can tell that Dibble and Nannos have been paying attention as well.

Des was gracious when describing the program but you could tell he was completely befuddled by Diaco. He was too much of a gentleman though to say anything controversial. NAnnos hit the nail on the head...the Pasqualoni years set this program back to the pre-Edsall era. Sigggggh

Reaction Score
Des did a really good job and you can tell that Dibble and Nannos have been paying attention as well.

Des was gracious when describing the program but you could tell he was completely befuddled by Diaco. He was too much of a gentleman though to say anything controversial. NAnnos hit the nail on the head...the Pasqualoni years set this program back to the pre-Edsall era. Sigggggh

Did Des disagree on the PGDL piece? He was basically Pasqualoni's information minister.

Reaction Score
It was a pretty fair interview. You could tell all three were choosing their words very carefully to describe the state of the program

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Anyone know where I can get the audio for this?

Reaction Score
It was a pretty fair interview. You could tell all three were choosing their words very carefully to describe the state of the program

They also noted that this was the first time that Diaco was visibly frustrated in the post game presser.

Reaction Score
I don't know about setting the program back pre-Edsall. That's quite a stretch. We were still playing in the Yankee Conference, right up to Edsall's first year. If things continue, the way they are this season, by the time the SMU - UCONN game comes in December, we may see attendance figures similar to the Yankee Conference home games at memorial stadium. I've got my fingers crossed, that somehow Diaco manages to realize that he's f---king things up this season, with the way he's developed this plan to run this offense, and we settle on a starting lineup, and get them practicing from the fundamentals ground up. The ECU game? If we can manage to put thigns together, that has upset potential, because there is no way, that any player or coach, watching this year's film through 6 games of UCONN, is worried one bit about UCONN. That's about the only advantage we have - but it's a good one, if we can manage to actually keep the ball on offense, develop some consistency and rhythym, field the damn punts, and play defense - it's the kind of WTF win potential, that we need to get this for the program.

But we have a 40,000 seat facility, we've have practice facilities and football facilities,while hitting the decade mark already, are still top notch. We have a new conference, while not a big boy money conference, is certainly not the Yankee level, and we are on TV - all the time. That's big for recruiting, believe it or not.

We have no choice, but deal with Diaco and his learning curve - and hope that he can recruit like hell,and that sooner or later, his game time planning and then actual game time decision making start to make sense and it all adds up to winning football. It absolutely KILLS me, that the potential is there that over the past 2 weeks, they were dividing reps up in practice for the offense between Whitmer and Boyle, and then Boyle gets the hook after 3 plays. I have no direct knowledge if that actually happened, because there is no reporter out there smart enough in football to ask it, but the potential is there, that Boyle was supposed to play a lot more, and didn't - and all the practice time, that would have then been put toward that - was wasted. I don't know if that actually happened or not - but whatever....

I have to stop trying to figure out what's going on because it just makes me angry.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Diaco just needs to put Tim Boyle in there full-time, and stick with him. Chandler Whitmer is NOT the answer for this team to generate points on offense. He's just not. It's time... Also, our Offensive Line is terrible this year. Get those kids the help they need in coaching and teaching fundementals during this off week. They need it!

Keep giving the ball to Newsome and Ron Johnson out of the backfield, they are the right two combo to help our ground game progress and will both be exciting in the future. 2014 is all about winning in 2015 at this point.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Diaco just needs to put Tim Boyle in there full-time, and stick with him. Chandler Whitmer is NOT the answer for this team to generate points on offense. He's just not. It's time... Also, our Offensive Line is terrible this year. Get those kids the help they need in coaching and teaching fundementals during this off week. They need it!

Keep giving the ball to Newsome and Ron Johnson out of the backfield, they are the right two combo to help our ground game progress and will both be exciting in the future. 2014 is all about winning in 2015 at this point.

If you say so - I say put him - just a reminder - Boyle 0 TD's and 10 ints and 44% completion in his brief UConn career. I dont think he will generate points either.
Althought Newsome is elusive that fumbling is NOT a good sign and that has to change immediately or you will see much more of Johnson.

Reaction Score
Bonehead said:
If you say so - I say put him - just a reminder - Boyle 0 TD's and 10 ints and 44% completion in his brief UConn career. I dont think he will generate points either. Althought Newsome is elusive that fumbling is NOT a good sign and that has to change immediately or you will see much more of Johnson.

He might generate points for our opponents... :(

Reaction Score
Off the main topic, but I listened to some of the show this afternoon. Dibble was hosting with the program director. Nanos' name wasn't mentioned at all, even coming into and out of breaks. Apparently, he is no longer with the company.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Off the main topic, but I listened to some of the show this afternoon. Dibble was hosting with the program director. Nanos' name wasn't mentioned at all, even coming into and out of breaks. Apparently, he is no longer with the company.
The program director keeps running ads asking listeners to tell him what they want the station to be. I would want more SVP and less Cowherd, but I don't think that's possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom