HCBD should coach thru Q3 and then let someone else coach | The Boneyard

HCBD should coach thru Q3 and then let someone else coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Love the way the team is playing, but we need someone else to take charge for the 4th Q. His decisions are pee wee stupid. I wonder if that has ever happened before in college FB?

i like the direction that the program is going, but HCBD does not have a clue in the 4th quarter, not a clue. He really has to acknowledge his total inexperience and hand the reigns to someone else to finish the game. Overtly or silently- just do it. This isn't the ABA of college football.

On another note, I can not believe AA kicking the ball. It was an incomplete pass!!!!!!! 4th down!!!!! What in god's name was he thinking? Wow! I think he is playing well, but pull the C off his uni with the caveat that he gets it back if he earns it.

Reaction Score
Love the way the team is playing, but we need someone else to take charge for the 4th Q. His decisions are pee wee stupid. I wonder if that has ever happened before in college FB?

i like the direction that the program is going, but HCBD does not have a clue in the 4th quarter, not a clue. He really has to acknowledge his total inexperience and hand the reigns to someone else to finish the game. Overtly or silently- just do it. This isn't the ABA of college football.

On another note, I can not believe AA kicking the ball. It was an incomplete pass!!!!!!! 4th down!!!!! What in god's name was he thinking? Wow! I think he is playing well, but pull the C off his uni with the caveat that he gets it back if he earns it.

Diaco didn't thow an interception on BYU's 20 yd line and he didn't kick the ball into the stands. The on side kick was perfect. UCONN should have recovered it. The players cracked under pressure and hopefully learned from it.

Having said that I am surprized we didn't play more physical against BYU's recievers on D.

I don't understand why we don't play quick and wide out of the gate.

The offense has an occational good play but obviously has a long way to go.

Reaction Score
Diaco didn't thow an interception on BYU's 20 yd line and he didn't kick the ball into the stands. The on side kick was perfect. UCONN should have recovered it. The players cracked under pressure and hopefully learned from it.
Having said that I am surprized we didn't play more physical against BYU's recievers on D.

Don't quite understand game strategy put in with regards to defensive schemes. Just real ugly when you had a formula
laid out for you in the prior week by a former successful NFL coach (did he really say he wasn't going to watch the Michigan/ BYU game film). ??? .. or is it that we just don't have the experienced personnel to execute a game plan
(or change an ineffective game plan from a coaching decision standpoint).

BYU offensive miscues and BYU play calling, IMO, kept us in a game that should have been over by the half.

Reaction Score

Amen on the observation about playing more physical against the receivers and the take on the need to play quick and wide out of the gate.

Reaction Score
TouchdownHusky said:
Amen on the observation about playing more physical against the receivers and the take on the need to play quick and wide out of the gate.
I do not know a lot about football strategy and tactics. I'd wager that anyone with half a brain could have figured out that playing the corners 10 yards off the receivers was crap. They would have had nothing left with tighter coverage. Sooooo bad.

Reaction Score
Don't quite understand game strategy put in with regards to defensive schemes. Just real ugly when you had a formula
laid out for you in the prior week by a former successful NFL coach (did he really say he wasn't going to watch the Michigan/ BYU game film). ??? .. or is it that we just don't have the experienced personnel to execute a game plan

BYU offensive miscues and BYU play calling, IMO, kept us in a game that should have been over by the half.

Agreed. I thought the D-line played their a$$es off. The DB's played way to soft at the LOS.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Agreed. I thought the D-line played their a$$es off. The DB's played way to soft at the LOS.

Soft at the LOS was a coaching decision. The CB's hit hard, wrapped up good and made plays when they had a chance.

I'm bullish on the CB's for the next two seasons.

Reaction Score
Soft at the LOS was a coaching decision. The CB's hit hard, wrapped up good and made plays when they had a chance.

I'm bullish on the CB's for the next two seasons.
Based on Michigan game and ease of throwing underneath by BYU it seems like the wrong decision.

On another note, I'm excited about seeing our tall wideouts perform next season.

Reaction Score

If you are going to play press coverage, you have to be able to make the QB throw the ball in a reasonable amount of time. The fact that Michigan was able to do that doesn't mean that we would be able to do that.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
I think they figured if we lined up tight the 34 year old missionaries would run and jump over us for 75 yd TD passes

Reaction Score
We're somehow beating a bad UCF team away from being 3-3 1-1 with have the season to go. Lose that game though and it's 2014 v2.0

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Word Boat. More Max. Less Stupid

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

I could well be wrong but I don't think it was Diaco's idea to have our QB throw a Whitmeresque floating pass to their DE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom