Have y'all come around yet? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Have y'all come around yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I have to assume that Ramos is near the top of the list. Not sure where he would fall in the whole "MLS puppet" spectrum . . .

Ramos is Jurgen's right hand man. You might as well not fire Jurgen.

Your Fox Sports article was hyperventilating crapola. I'll take the lesser of two evils. The MLS people don't have the USMNT's best interests aligned with theirs. They would rather see Graham Zusi or Robby Finlay on the left than Fabian Johnson. Just listen to Merritt Paulson or Paul Allen or even Don Garber.

If you fire Jurgen now, then these clowns win.

Reaction Score
17k tickets sold for tmrw says plenty.

Stadium only holds 19k. Plus it's not like the Crew sell out.

Put the game in KC or another hotbed and the house would be full. I'm glad that the stadium in Columbus or the dump in LA is no longer the standard bearer.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Stadium only holds 19k. Plus it's not like the Crew sell out.

Put the game in KC or another hotbed and the house would be full. I'm glad that the stadium in Columbus or the dump in LA is no longer the standard bearer.

Well it holds 21k and it's hard to argue against the USMNT and Columbus.

I'll give you credit you are going down with the JK ship.

Here is one simple fix for him. Yedlin at right back. This might be the most simple solution to a huge problem you could find.

Reaction Score
Well it holds 21k and it's hard to argue against the USMNT and Columbus.

I'll give you credit you are going down with the JK ship.

Here is one simple fix for him. Yedlin at right back. This might be the most simple solution to a huge problem you could find.

Yedlin is terrible at defending though. He's good for one howler a game.

I'm not going down, I'm just being realistic. And I was only off by a goal.

Unless they are talking about bringing Bruce back, an MLS guy is a non starter for me.

Reaction Score
Yedlin is terrible at defending though. He's good for one howler a game.

I'm not going down, I'm just being realistic. And I was only off by a goal.

Unless they are talking about bringing Bruce back, an MLS guy is a non starter for me.

#1 - If Yedlin was terrible at defending, I doubt Sunderland would invest the time and effort.
#2 - LB & RB are not purely defensive positions.

If you recall in the USA v England 2010 WC Group match ... Capello was forced to substitute Milner in the 31st minute because he did not have the speed to stay with Cherundolo's runs up the right side. Capello terribly misjudged Cherundolo's speed and it cost England a first half sub.

I think Yedlin is raw and needs experience ... but he is currently one of the better options at RB.

Reaction Score
#1 - If Yedlin was terrible at defending, I doubt Sunderland would invest the time and effort.

If you recall in the USA v England 2010 WC Group match ... Capello was forced to substitute Milner in the 31st minute because he did not have the speed to stay with Cherundolo's runs up the right side. Capello terribly misjudged Cherundolo's speed and it cost England a first half sub.

I think Yedlin is raw and needs experience ... but he is currently one of the better options at RB.

Good memory, Milner had to take an early yellow. Cherundolo treated Milner like a used diaper, couldn't believe my eyes.

Reaction Score

Yedlin is raw; but, speed is something that cannot be taught and if he can develop, he has potential. My concern today is that he is caught out-of-position a lot; but, it is covered-up by his ability to recover with is speed. With better teams he may run into players who can match is speed, or just too skilled for him to deal with at this point (Neymar, Messi, etc.), or crafty (Costa) in that they draw a foul every time Yeldin hustles back into the play. Thus, I would like to see him play RB in Copa to see what he can learn, i.e. trial by fire - especially as the US has Columbia first, Sanchez will be a challenge.

Reaction Score

Yedlin is one mistake away from being benched permanently. He basically said as much in a recent interview. It's not like they have options. They brought in a guy who is about to take his spot. And we are talking about Sunderland here.

And Milner is terrible. Comparing Yedlin to Dolo is kind of insulting to Dolo.

I'd rather play Yedlin on the wing where he has as little defensive responsibilities as possible.

I would actually use him as a sub when everyone else is tired at 60-70 minute mark. That's where he really shines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom