Hartford Courant's A Fan's View | The Boneyard

Hartford Courant's A Fan's View

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Did I miss the thread on this?

Seems like good outreach. Have a fan breakdown the game.

Connecticut native who has worked in the New York Fire Dept since 99.

Curious if he ever posts on here?

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-football/hc-uconn-army-fan-view-0914-20150913-story.html

My name is Aron Buch and I am a Connecticut native. I was born in Norwalk and grew up in Willimantic. I now live in Port Chester, N.Y. I have been a firefighter since 1991, working in Willimantic from 1991-1999 and with the New York City Fire Department since May 1999. I have followed and attended UConn football games since the late '70s/early '80s. I had season tickets to UConn football in the '90s until I relocated to the New York City area. My wife and I have had season tickets at Rentschler since the inaugural season in 2003 and have traveled to away games at Notre Dame and Michigan, as well as every bowl game. We also have season tickets to UConn men's ice hockey.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Nice job FD!

The fans pitching in as sportswriters appear to be doing a far better job than those who do it for a living. Well at least those at the Courant....

Reaction Score
Nice job FD!

The fans pitching in as sportswriters appear to be doing a far better job than those who do it for a living. Well at least those at the Courant....
Thanks...I was actually pretty close to Des's take on the game. It is going to be cool to read them as the season progresses. Like I said Jason set the bar high in week 1.

Reaction Score
I was wrong as usual.
:D

superthumb.jpg

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Nice write up '99.

The receivers' ability to catch the ball has stood out to me the last two games. Myers' catch in the endzone could have gone either way and if were ruled a catch, I don't think it would have been overturned. I think it was Thomas who had a one handed grab negated by an ineligible man downfield penalty as well. I think it has to do with consistency with the thrower, but these guys don't let reachable balls hit the ground.

Reaction Score
Nice write up '99.

The receivers' ability to catch the ball has stood out to me the last two games. Myers' catch in the endzone could have gone either way and if were ruled a catch, I don't think it would have been overturned. I think it was Thomas who had a one handed grab negated by an ineligible man downfield penalty as well. I think it has to do with consistency with the thrower, but these guys don't let reachable balls hit the ground.
Thanks Husky...they are also getting good chunks of yardage after the catch..all the while protecting the ball. This group of receivers and te's also run good routes. Add all this together with Verducci making the right decisions on when to go vertical is making the offense fun to watch.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
An excellent write up. I especially liked him calling out Graham Stewart. Getting run over like he did on that 51 yd play was unexpected and totally embarrassing for him, I'm sure. It looked like GS was set to make the stop but he must have been off balance. Coming back just a few plays later to make that goal line stop showed both physical and mental toughness. Pretty much the calling card of our D this year.

Reaction Score
Great job on short notice. Apparently some fair weather fan who was supposed to do this one couldn't take the pressure and crumbled on Saturday morning leaving these guys scrambling. Epark picked up the rock at the goal line and took it to the house. We could use him on special teams.

Last edited:

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I think this is a much better feature for Des and the Courant to engage fans than the live chat. Nice job @epark88!

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
What's good? This stuff.
Great reading. Strong work, guys.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Much appreciated, folks - it was a ton of fun to write.

My only issue with it is that they edited out my request for the readers to come to the Rent, buy a ticket and support the team. Dunno if that's their policy or they didn't have room for the extra paragraph. Nonetheless, it's a really great feature - hats off to the Courant for spotlighting the UConn Football diehards in that type of forum...

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Great job !

No coaching section to rate??!!

;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors